Author Topic: Moderate Dem quits Congress in disgust, denouncing 'rainbows and unicorns'  (Read 93 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 19, 2022
Moderate Dem quits Congress in disgust, denouncing 'rainbows and unicorns'
By Monica Showalter

With the Squad, the greenie lobby, the teachers' unions, and the open borders industrial complex calling the shots in the Democratic Party these days, it's obviously no picnic to be a moderate member of the Democrats in Congress.

Which is why 31 of them are leaving, most fully aware that a red wave is coming. But perhaps more importantly albeit less well known is that many of them angry at how the crazed Democrats have treated them.

Here's the latest exit, described by the Daily Caller:

Retiring Florida Rep. Stephanie Murphy called out Democratic leadership for repeatedly siding with the left flank of the party against moderate members during a Friday interview.

...and...

A frequent critic of the “Squad” and other left-wing Democrats, Murphy has complained about a “toxic” environment with “plenty of Dem-on-Dem violence.” She directly blamed party leadership for that atmosphere in the interview.

“You can’t promise rainbows and unicorns when you know that you don’t have the votes for it. Because the difference between rainbows and unicorns and political reality is going to be disappointment and anger,” she said.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/03/moderate_dem_quits_congress_in_disgust_denouncing_rainbows_and_unicorns.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
A 'red wave' should be in store for the mid terms but there are no guarantees.  The GOP should not become complacent and take for granted that the blunders of Sloe Joe will ensure that the GOP takes the House or Senate. What is the GOP doing other than sitting back as usual??

Sure there are lots of DEMS jumping ship, but who will replace them?  Other more radical DEMS? RINO's? 

The best that I am hoping for is that the GOP is able to keep their conservative governors. Without them, any conservative leadership is gone.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.