Author Topic: ‘Malinformation’: The Newest Weapon in the Censorship Regime’s Arsenal  (Read 230 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Malinformation’: The Newest Weapon in the Censorship Regime’s Arsenal

By Ben Bartee
March 18, 2022

Originally published via Blacklisted News:

Let no one accuse the corporate state censors of lacking in imagination, flexibility, or brazenness in their quest to contort the public discourse in their favor.

Courtesy of the corporate media “Russiagate” 5+-year theater production, you’ve heard the term “misinformation.” You’re familiar, likely, with “disinformation.”

Now, the censors have devised a new weapon to incorporate into their war machine: “malinformation.”

(“Mal” being the Latin prefix for “bad” for “evil”)

Sounds scary!

What is it?

Via Council of Europe:

“Misinformation: Information that is false, but not created with the intention of causing harm (e.g. someone posting an article containing now out of date information but not realizing it).

Disinformation: Information that is false and deliberately created to harm a person, social group, organization or country (e.g. a competitor purposely posting false statistics about your organization with an intent to discredit you)

Mal-information: Information that is based on reality, used to inflict harm on a person, organization or country (e.g. someone using a picture of a dead child refugee (with no context) in an effort to ignite hatred of a particular ethnic group they are against.”

You see, the magnificent utility of “malinformation” is that any piece of true information can fall into the category – the truthfulness or lack thereof has nothing to do with whether a particular bit of data earns the label!

The lone qualifying feature of “malinformation” is the alleged intent of the purveyor of said information.

Examples of malinformation might include:

Source:  https://www.thedailybell.com/all-articles/news-analysis/malinformation-the-newest-weapon-in-the-censorship-regimes-arsenal/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Inaccurate weather forecasts, wrong economic predictions, and bad political polls are prime examples of the "malinformation" that assault me daily.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:47:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Inaccurate weather forecasts, wrong economic predictions, and bad political polls are prime examples of the "malinformation" that assault me daily.

Not really.  Those are being evaluated on their truth or falsity, so based on the article, they would be examples of either misinformation or disinformation, depending on the degree to which the speaker is aware of their falsity.

What the article is getting at is the attempt - a political attempt - to impose negative connotations on strictly truthful statements, by asserting that those statements inflict harm on some person or group.

Thus, the statement that "Blacks are more likely to be killed by other blacks than by cops" would be malinformation - the statement is truthful, but - the wokesters, for example, would argue - is inflicting harm on blacks.  The corollary, of course, is that malinformation should be suppressed, just like disinformation and misinformation.  The crucial difference here, however, and what - in the author's eyes - makes this such a problem is that it would be suppressing truthful information precisely because it's truthful.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Like the irrefutability that every meteorologically destructive weather event was caused by Global Climate Change?

To argue that there is insufficient long-term impirical climatological data to prove recent tornados were solely caused by, or influenced by, Global Climate Change is to be a heretic and denier who must be shunned, bannished, and silenced by fellow villagers.

So a non-factual politlcal rhetorical opinion purposed to silence or discourage critical analysis and debate of the hypothesis and its alleged evidence, such as:

"Global Climate Change is undeniable, irrefutable, and, thus, not open to discussion."

Western critical thinking is predicated that everything is open to examination, investigation, and debate from all sides at all times.

So malinformation is more of a blatant lie because there is deliberate avoidance of reconciling the hypothesis with protagonistic or against antagonistic facts and truths?

So the intent is to form the illusion of truth to advance an agenda with unsupported rhetoric?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 08:55:23 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

A synonym for malinfomation might be “hate facts” – facts that are undisputed facts, but are determined to contribute to countervailing narratives that might challenge the leftist dogma.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"Hate facts" is a paradox.  Facts don't hate; humans do.

Offline Kamaji

"Hate facts" is a paradox.  Facts don't hate; humans do.

Obviously. That's the point the author is trying to make.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji:
"Thus, the statement that "Blacks are more likely to be killed by other blacks than by cops" would be malinformation - the statement is truthful, but - the wokesters, for example, would argue - is inflicting harm on blacks."

Lavrentry Beria would be proud:
"Show me the man, I'll show you the crime"...

"Malinformation" -- an entirely new classification of [made-up] crimes...