Author Topic: Appeals Court Reinstates Biden Climate Policy, Opening Door For More Regulation  (Read 237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Appeals Court Reinstates Biden Climate Policy, Opening Door For More Regulation

Thomas Catenacci
Energy & Environment Reporter
March 17, 2022 10:22 AM ET

A federal appeals panel nixed a lower court ruling late Wednesday, reinstating a key White House climate policy implemented shortly after President Joe Biden took office.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled that the case’s plaintiffs, a group of 10 Republican states, lacked standing to challenge the policy, according to the decision published Wednesday evening. Biden implemented the policy — which determined there was a “social cost” of continued carbon, nitrous oxide and methane emissions — via executive action days after he was sworn in 14 months ago.

“Social cost” refers to the estimated dollar value incurred by the U.S. for every additional metric ton of carbon emitted into the environment, according to the Government Accountability Office. The Republican states, led by Louisiana, argued in their April 2021 challenge that interim estimates factoring in such social costs would lead to burdensome regulations moving forward.

But the appeals court ruled that the states aren’t challenging “any specific regulation or other agency action.” Rather, they were arguing against the potential effects of Biden’s policy.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/17/fifth-circuit-appeals-court-joe-biden-social-cost-climate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What, pray tell, is the "social cost" of people starving or freezing to death?

Enquiring minds want to know.

The next Holodomor will be over energy. Here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does this include peoples' breathing and flatulence?  To be compliant, we'll need to exterminate every human in this country ... for the social cost to the children, before they are culled, too.

Maybe Congress should repeal the Executive's regulatory authority to implement it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 08:11:05 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Does this include peoples' breathing and flatulence?  To be compliant, we'll need to exterminate every human in this coutry ... for the social cost to the children, before they are culled, too.

Maybe Congress should repeal the Executive's regulatory authority to implement it.
Congress should never have abdicated its legislative functions in the first place. That is their job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

so 10 states have no standing in challenging an unconstitutional action.

What have we become?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
In my area we have entire factories razed to the ground, that i used to deliver to.  They told me, the factory had to be torn down and the environmental regulations made it impossible to to manufacture in America any more, the plants were moved to China.  What Joe is saying is that more jobs will be accelerated and moved to China, but don't blame him,Joe doesn't know what he is doing.  and that's why he just keeps going back and doing it for rubles and yen.  Xi and Putin pay a great deal to Soros democrats to REPRESENT THEM and their interests. For large contributions they can even buy our uranium, representation PAYS OUR DEMOCRATS QUITE well, Xi and Putin pay a heavy influx of money With the Ukraine practically shutdown, Joe needs more selling of America, and the Commie enviro group is fertile ground to more continued-future contributions
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions