Author Topic: A nervous Fauci cites Benghazi probe to say GOP likely to come after him if they retake Congress  (Read 100 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A nervous Fauci cites Benghazi probe to say GOP likely to come after him if they retake Congress
March 16, 2022 | Todd Jaquith

Dr. Anthony Fauci is getting a little nervous.

The White House chief medical advisor, whose handling of the COVID-19 pandemic has drawn either abject endorsement or stinging rebuke depending on whom you ask, expects to face some tough questions come next year.

In an interview with The Washington Post, a mouthpiece not known for its hostility to the good doctor, Fauci speculated that he’d likely be in the hot seat if Republicans take Congress in the upcoming midterm elections.

“It’s Benghazi hearings all over again,” Fauci told the Post, an odd comment for a supposedly apolitical and neutral medical advisor and chief of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). The Benghazi comparison is a less than happy one for Fauci, given that those hearings were organized to investigate government negligence and incompetence and their contribution to the Libyan debacle in 2012.

The Benghazi hearings lasted for two years, intended to get to the bottom of the assault on US diplomatic offices in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. The attack resulted in the death of four Americans, including CIA contractors Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, foreign service officer Sean Smith, and Christopher Stevens, the U.S. Ambassador to Libya.

The hearings are probably best remembered for then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s tone-deaf “what difference, at this point, does it make?” comment, and the drubbing she received by the Republicans on the committee.

The House Select Committee on Benghazi ultimately cleared Clinton of responsibility, but the hearings appear to have made a lasting impression on the imaginations of Washington bureaucrats.

“They’ll try to beat me up in public, and there’ll be nothing there. But it will distract me from doing my job, the way it’s doing right now,” Fauci lamented. Oversight and accountability, in other words, are terrible distractions.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/16/a-nervous-fauci-cites-benghazi-probe-to-say-gop-likely-to-come-after-him-if-they-retake-congress-1213423/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

They damned well better go after you, you verminous little cretin.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, like we all get told, if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Let's see if "the science" can retain bowel control.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Well, like we all get told, if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Let's see if "the science" can retain bowel control.

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If it distract Dr. death from doing his job and saves lives that's a good thing.