Author Topic: California Democrats Float $400 Checks to Taxpayers After Hiking Gas Taxes  (Read 750 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Democrats Float $400 Checks to Taxpayers After Hiking Gas Taxes

Joel B. Pollak 17 Mar 2022

California Democrats, who have raised gas taxes and vehicle license fees in recent years, are now proposing to send $400 checks to the state’s taxpayers to help defray the high cost of fuel in the latest surge, which is hitting the state’s drivers hard.

While the entire country is paying more for gasoline, thanks to surging post-pandemic demand, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the Biden administration’s hostility to oil and gas development, California’s price is the highest in the nation.

“California’s high fuel prices are partly because of taxes as well as regulatory programs aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Together, they added about $1.27 to the cost of a gallon of gas last month [February], according to a calculation by the Western States Petroleum Association,” the New York Times recently reported. Gas taxes will increase in June, thanks to legislation passed by Democrats under Governor Jerry Brown, ostensibly to fund road repairs in the state.

Now, Democrats are facing public outrage at the price, which hits working-class Californians hardest. Gov. Gavin Newsom proposed a pause in the tax increase, and a rebate in his recent State of the State address.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/17/california-democrats-float-400-checks-to-taxpayers-after-hiking-gas-tax/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't know much about CA's politics, but from my POV, it is like it is an experiment of what would happen if you let a class of 4th graders play goverment games.

This state couldn't be this randomly stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

it is like it is an experiment of what would happen if you let a class of 4th graders play goverment games.
But wait! There's more!
WICK
@imUrB00gieman
While the Russian invasion has everybody distracted this is what the California Democrats are trying to pass into law….

11:47 AM · Mar 17, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
But wait! There's more!

The company I retired from used to operate a refinery in California, and even back in the '90's CA's environmental agency used to permanently station an agent at the refinery whose sole purpose in life was to issue citations and violations  in "real time".

My counterpart at that refinery told me the guy doing it  was indentical in demeanor and attitude as the EPA guy in Ghostbusters.  A real "pencil dick" as Bill Murray called him.

That's about 30 years ago...   I can imagine how bad they are now.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 04:14:57 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

But wait! There's more!

Wow.  What a bunch of fascists.