Author Topic: Navy resurrects bachelor’s degree program to diversify officer talent pool  (Read 79 times)

rebewranger

Navy resurrects bachelor’s degree program to diversify officer talent pool
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Officer Candidate School attendees perform physical training during their junior officer candidate push at Officer Training Command Newport, Rhode Island, March 2. Those in the Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program will head to OCS after graduating college. (Candidate Officer Christian Sana/Navy)
The Navy is reviving its Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program as it aims to expand the Navy’s “talent pool” of future officers.

The program, which was phased out in 2003 due to budgetary reasons, provides financial assistance to college students who agree to complete Officer Candidate School after graduation from college.

The program’s restoration stems from recommendations included in the Task Force One Navy report released in February 2021. The task force was created in June 2020 to address systemic racism within the service, evaluate racial disparities in the military justice system, and examine the fairness of the promotion and advancement process to eliminate “destructive biases.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/03/16/navy-resurrects-bachelors-degree-program-to-diversify-officer-talent-pool/

Offline Kamaji

Seemed reasonable, right up until I got to this:
The program’s restoration stems from recommendations included in the Task Force One Navy report released in February 2021. The task force was created in June 2020 to address systemic racism within the service, evaluate racial disparities in the military justice system, and examine the fairness of the promotion and advancement process to eliminate “destructive biases.”

So, what, is the program now committed to generating even more "woke" SJW a-holes who will continue to weaken the military?

rebewranger

To be truly "woke"  won't they have to  have programs for gay diversity, trannie diversity, bisexual diversity, queer diversity, lesbian diversity, or any other diversity that enters the service? :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seemed reasonable, right up until I got to this:
So, what, is the program now committed to generating even more "woke" SJW a-holes who will continue to weaken the military?
Well, now gender studies majors can get a job... 9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis