Author Topic: HOW TO GET THROUGH SPECIAL FORCES SELECTION? DON’T BE THE ‘GREY MAN’  (Read 87 times)

rebewranger

HOW TO GET THROUGH SPECIAL FORCES SELECTION? DON’T BE THE ‘GREY MAN’
Steve Balestrieri | March 15, 2022

When talking about the do’s and don’ts of taking on the Special Operations Assessment and Selection courses that the military has to offer, there are a ton of opinions out there, and I feel, a lot of misconceptions as well. This is particularly true when it comes to being the “Grey Man,” which is a common name people use to describe an operator who can blend seamlessly into their environment.

I’ve been asked about this countless times in emails. One of the more common questions I receive from prospective candidates is always about trying to blend in at Assessment and Selection — being the Grey Man. I spoke with someone just in the past few weeks about this very subject.

There is no shortage of people who will tell you being the Grey Man is important, some of them will be Special Operations Selection cadre members. So, respectively, I’ll disagree. Overall, unless you’re an intelligence professional trained at blending in and being invisible, I will stick with my original advice and say in the majority of instances, it isn’t a smart thing to do. I will explain why below, but first, my caveat:

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/dont-be-the-grey-man-be-yourself-at-special-forces-selection/