Author Topic: If you thought current inflation was bad, here's some more depressing news  (Read 267 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The price of chicken is about to go up, if you can find it ...

Arkansas poultry growers on alert for bird flu
by Nathan Owens | March 9, 2022 at 2:43 a.m.
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/mar/09/arkansas-poultry-growers-on-alert-for-bird-flu/

Cases of highly pathogenic avian influenza, known as the bird flu, are spreading into commercial flocks in the United States, data show, raising concerns among chicken companies and the growers who raise birds for them.

In the past five days, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has identified at least four instances of the airborne respiratory virus at four farms that raise birds for meat consumption or eggs. According to recent reports, infected flocks were found in Iowa, Maryland, Missouri and South Dakota.

Cases have also been found in backyard flocks in the Midwest and Northeastern regions of the country, as well as commercial flocks in Delaware, Kentucky and Indiana, after the federal agency first identified the Eurasian H5 strain of the virus in a wild American wigeon in South Carolina in mid-January...

... Poultry growers are on high alert for the virus. The USDA has confirmed 23 total flocks affected by the virus as of Tuesday, resulting in the killing of more than 2.79 million birds, according to data from the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service ...

On the bright side, that means less chicken poop run-off to contribute to algae outbreaks.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online rustynail

A bio-attack?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Okay, Who had Bird Flu in March in the Briefing Room's  "New Panic/We are all gonna die" Pool?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Okay, Who had Bird Flu in March in the Briefing Room's  "New Panic/We are all gonna die" Pool?

I remember my grandfather telling me about how rare Robins and Squirrels were during the depression.

Who knows what the new next white meat may be......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.