Author Topic: Senate Approves Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent in 2023  (Read 934 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Senate Approves Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent in 2023
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2022, 12:26:26 pm »
The Democratics and the Great Reseters may be planning to move us to Metric Time instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time

Time does seem to be slowing when Biden is in control.  Kind of like torture.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2022, 12:49:59 pm »
But what about all the little school kids waiting for the school bus in the dark some will say.

Yes they did and yes they will.   I forgot it was tried before and they used the "children" line to repeal it.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/03/15/the-us-tried-permanent-daylight-saving-time-in-the-70s-people-hated-it/

And yet the early-morning darkness quickly proved dangerous for children: A 6-year-old Alexandria girl was struck by a car on her way to Polk Elementary School on January 7; the accident broke her leg. Two Prince George’s County students were hurt in February. In the weeks after the change, eight Florida kids were killed in traffic accidents.  Florida’s governor, Reubin Askew, asked for Congress to repeal the measure. “It’s time to recognize that we may well have made a mistake,” US Senator Dick Clark of Iowa said during a speech in Congress on January 28, 1974. In the Washington area, some schools delayed their start times until the sun caught up with the clock.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2022, 03:07:42 pm »
Oh great.  Another Windows patch.

Arizona now enters the Pacific Time zone all year round.

I'd be fine with that, but the article is silent about whether the National Government will force AZ into using DST.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: