Author Topic: Police Issue Warning to Americans Nationwide: Look Out for Thieves Using Sneaky Tricks to Steal Gas  (Read 224 times)

Offline libertybele

Police Issue Warning to Americans Nationwide: Look Out for Thieves Using Sneaky Tricks to Steal Gas

With gas prices rising, thieves are stealing gas.

And it’s more than the traditional theft by siphoning from your gas tank. Gas caps locked from inside the car — which came about during previous gas price hikes — help prevent that.

But still, your gas isn’t safe in your tank. Thieves are getting under cars, drilling holes in gas tanks and draining the fuel.

And there’s been theft directly from underground tanks at gas stations, too.

Average national gas prices Monday were at $4.325 per gallon, according to AAA, with California again at the top with an average price of $5.744 per gallon.

The national average a year ago was $2.859.

Bold thefts occurred over three days at a gas station in Houston, according to ABC News. A vehicle parked over the access plates used by fuel trucks to fill underground tanks. “The van drives on the top of the fuel tank,” said Jerry Thayil, station manager.

“And then, that’s all you see. No one comes out. So they have a trap door inside their vehicle, which is crazy.” Through the trap door the thieves took 360 gallons each day but were thwarted when they came back for more on the fourth day................

https://www.westernjournal.com/police-issue-warning-americans-nationwide-look-thieves-using-sneaky-tricks-steal-gas/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter-WJ&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=western-journal&ats_es=549a4754d5e35992733bcf9c6f334ac0
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Insane.  Thanks, Bidet.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wondered how long it would take to have the station thefts return, the method described with the van is an oldie too. I'm sure we'll see the return of tankers with pumps emptying underground tanks too.

Offline verga

I wondered how long it would take to have the station thefts return, the method described with the van is an oldie too. I'm sure we'll see the return of tankers with pumps emptying underground tanks too.
This is what happens when you get your President by mail.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.