Author Topic: Today's D Brief: Russian attacks on Kyiv intensify; 70s-era missile tech is back; 80s-era Soviet dis  (Read 110 times)

rebewranger

Today's D Brief: Russian attacks on Kyiv intensify; 70s-era missile tech is back; 80s-era Soviet disinfo is, too; N. Korea's 'monster' ICBM; And a bit more.
BEN WATSON and JENNIFER HLAD | MARCH 15, 2022 11:12 AM ET
THE D BRIEF

The prime ministers of Poland, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic are taking a train to Kyiv, which would make them the first foreign leaders to visit Ukraine since Russia’s invasion nearly three weeks ago. “The aim of the visit is to express the European Union’s unequivocal support for Ukraine and its freedom and independence,” Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala tweeted.

Developing: A NATO-wide head of state meeting in Brussels could happen as soon as this week, U.S. officials told reporters Monday.

More than 3 million people have fled Ukraine since Russia invaded, the International Organization for Migration said Tuesday. People in an estimated 2,000 cars are trying to flee the port city of Mariupol, the Associated Press reports. The imaging firm Maxar photographed dozens of cars stuck on the way out of Kyiv on Monday, too.

Kyiv has been hit with a new wave of intense strikes, President Volodymir Zelenskyy says. Additional imagery from Maxar on Monday evening showed extensive damage to homes northwest of Kyiv. 

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/03/the-d-brief-march-15-2022/363169/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Carter Administration is back!
The Cold War is back!
It's like a J.J. Abrams remake of history.
Could the Berlin Wall be back next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiwgOWo7mDc

See?  The constant spectre of nuclear extinction is not all bad.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 04:10:38 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.