Author Topic: Under Cover of Darkness U.S. Senate Passes New Gun Control Laws  (Read 860 times)

Offline corbe

Under Cover of Darkness U.S. Senate Passes New Gun Control Laws

Ammoland Inc. Posted on March 13, 2022 by John Crump

WASHINGTON, D.C. -(Ammoland.com)- Gun Control has been signed into law by President Biden with the support of turncoat Republicans.

In the middle of the night, the U.S. Senate passed the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2022 (VAWA). Some gun rights groups raised alarm bells when this act passed the U.S. House of Representatives last year with Republican support. At the time, Republicans like Dan Crenshaw said that the anti-gun provisions of the bill would be removed and accused Gun Owners of America (GOA) of fearmongering to fundraise.

Democrats and Republicans led by Senator Jodi Ernst negotiated the bill’s anti-gun provisions.
Republican politicians, who previously vowed never to vote for the bill unless the anti-gun provisions were removed, voted yes with those anti-gun provisions fully intact.

The following Republicans voted for this: h/t@JSNMGC

Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Capito (R-WV)
Collins (R-ME)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Ernst (R-IA)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Portman (R-OH)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Tuberville (R-AL)
Wicker (R-MS)
Young (R-IN)

<..snip..>

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/03/under-cover-of-darkness-senate-passes-new-gun-control-laws/?fr=operanews#axzz7NVsdimyA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Under Cover of Darkness U.S. Senate Passes New Gun Control Laws
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 03:34:08 pm »
   The usual suspects.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 04:36:58 pm »
I don't understand why we keep electing Cornyn, and hoping for different results.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 11:13:51 pm »
   The usual suspects.

@corbe

What an odd way to spell "traitors".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 11:47:51 pm »
I don't understand why we keep electing Cornyn, and hoping for different results.

WE don't!  I didn't vote for him last time and won't in the future.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 12:00:11 am »
Well, I am surprised by Ernst as I thought she was a conservative.  The list of conservatives continues to dwindle!  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 12:00:28 am »
What's with this Under Cover of Darkness BS?  These bastards make over $200k for part time work.  There wasn't anything dark about it.  They knew the Dems wrote the bill.  They know they didn't read it.  And they voted for it anyway.  It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME, MULTIPLE TIMES, YEAR AFTER YEAR.  The Dems do it on purpose.  They orchestrate these debt ceiling crises, and then get every thing they want to avert it.  And not once do Republicans ever think to get what they want out of it.

Border wall funding?  Could have had it.  Keystone Pipeline?  Could have had it.  An end to the drilling moratorium?  Could have had that, too.  But Republicans didn't even try.  Bunch of worthless traitorous pu$$ies.  Again, @roamer_1  is right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 12:30:12 am »
What happens is the Dims write something into a bill that helps them get re-elected,in exchange for them signing on to the bill the Dims are pushing.

Sometimes,to sweeten and seal the bill,the Dims will back off a hair or two on something they either didn't really care that much about anyway,or that they know they can get passed later on,and this "sweetens" the bill so the alleged Republicans can justify signing it.

And sometimes,some RARE times,one bill will be joined at the hip by one even worse than the first one,and the Dims will promise to drop the worse one that they never really expected to get passed anyhow,in exchange for a vote on the original bill.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 12:36:35 am »
Well, I am surprised by Ernst as I thought she was a conservative.  The list of conservatives continues to dwindle!  9999hair out0000

I am ashamed of both my senators right now.  Hoping they didnt get bribed with ethanol carrots.
The Republic is lost.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 03:12:37 am »
Two Alabama Senators, Shelby (who has turned RINO) and Tommy Tubberville (that ran under Trump's banner and I said he was a liberal Rino but nobody believed me).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 05:54:05 pm »
WE don't!  I didn't vote for him last time and won't in the future.

I hear ya, I meant the State, not us, individually.
I have voted for him in the General, I admit, because the alternative would be even worse, but not in the primaries.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 06:55:05 pm »
I hear ya, I meant the State, not us, individually.
I have voted for him in the General, I admit, because the alternative would be even worse, but not in the primaries.

The establishment loves him, both state and federal.  If he's the candidate in the general, I will leave it blank.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien