Author Topic: Mitt Romney Freaks the Freak out, Accuses Tulsi Gabbard of Treason  (Read 92 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney Freaks the Freak out, Accuses Tulsi Gabbard of Treason
By Bonchie | Mar 13, 2022 9:30 PM ET

A bit of news on this Sunday evening: Mitt Romney is doing Mitt Romney things again.

The “severely conservative” senator from Utah decided to take to social media and trash Tulsi Gabbard. But he didn’t just disagree with her viewpoint. Rather, he actually accused her of treason.

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/1503113473819041796

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/03/13/mitt-romney-freaks-the-freak-out-accuses-tulsi-gabbard-of-treason-n535723

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Mitt Romney Freaks the Freak out, Accuses Tulsi Gabbard of Treason
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 02:17:34 pm »
Tulsi Gabbard Guts Mitt Romney in Response to Treason Accusation
By Bonchie | Mar 14, 2022 10:00 AM ET

I expected Tulsi Gabbard to come back hard at Mitt Romney after the Utah senator accused her of treason, but I’m not sure I expected her to come back this hard. As RedState reported Sunday, Romney lashed out at Gabbard on social media, accusing her of repeating “Russian propaganda” and committing “treasonous” activity, a crime punishable by death.

The problem with that was two-fold. For starters, Gabbard never actually stated any Russian propaganda in the comments that set Romney off. Nowhere did she mention any conspiracy about “bio-weapons” being used by the West, for example. Instead, she expressed concern about US-funded bio-labs in Ukraine, which absolutely exist, being damaged or captured and possibly facilitating the release of pathogens. Why is that important? Because what Gabbard said is literally exactly what the Pentagon has been warning about.

Further, the use of the term “treasonous” by Romney was idiotic. Even if Gabbard were repeating Russian propaganda, and she wasn’t, it is not treason to exercise free speech in the United States. We are also not at war with Russia, which is an important aspect of accusing someone of offering aid and comfort to an enemy nation.

In short, Romney not only hysterically jumped to conclusions about what Gabbard said, putting words in her mouth, but he then took things way too far in his rush to flex his neoconservative credentials. Now, Gabbard has responded with a rhetorical gutting.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1503334079667658752

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/03/14/tulsi-gabbard-guts-mitt-romney-in-response-to-treason-accusation-n535775
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 02:20:48 pm »
So, Romney is pretending to be a conservative this week?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 02:21:25 pm »
Mittens must be running for  something.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 02:23:35 pm »
Don’t care for either one
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 02:27:29 pm »
It's perfectly clear to me who the treasonous bastard is here Mitt!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 02:30:54 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 02:29:33 pm »
Mitt must be getting his talking points from Hillary Clinton.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 02:31:00 pm »
Rules, . . .

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 02:41:34 pm »
Romney, STFU.  Every time you open your mouth, you become a bigger embarrassment.