Author Topic: Handling War in Ukraine  (Read 74 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Handling War in Ukraine
« on: March 13, 2022, 04:11:28 pm »
March 13, 2022
Handling War in Ukraine
By Jonathon Moseley

We must mourn the death of leadership in America.

In 1962, President John F. Kennedy cautiously but brilliantly managed the United States — nay, the world — through the Cuban Missile Crisis on the brink of a nuclear World War III.  Watching Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine, I felt compelled to watch again the movie Thirteen Days bringing these moments to life.  I believe that every American and certainly every decision-maker should re-watch this excellent movie.

If your writer may offer my over-simplified distillation, it is this: JFK and his brain trust rejected the choice between Option A, surrender to a missile platform in Cuba that could strike most of the United States with nuclear warheads, and Option B, provoking a nuclear war.  They relentlessly demanded and sought an Option C (or several other options).  Pushing back against strident voices, they searched for a different path relentlessly.

If we watch videos rather than read books, documentaries about the Cuban Missile Crisis ought to remind us of the qualities of leadership — leadership sorely lacking in my beloved country's decaying society today.  If we believe the self-serving accounts — and here I do — every move was stepping cautiously through mine fields.  There was no false or stupid bluster, no reckless bull in a china shop roaring forward.  Every moment was painstakingly debated, analyzed, thought through, and gamed out.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/03/handling_war_in_ukraine.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Handling War in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 04:32:49 pm »
And now we have a "leader" who literally cannot even contemplate ideas that won't fit on a bumper sticker.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: