General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

'He is consumed by spite': GOP Rep. Tom Rice hits back at 'would-be tyrant' Trump after ex-president

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
'He is consumed by spite': GOP Rep. Tom Rice hits back at 'would-be tyrant' Trump after ex-president campaigns against him at South Carolina rally: Lawmaker was one of 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach

Trump was at the Florence Regional Airport in South Carolina on Saturday night to speak at his third campaign-style Save America rally of the year
    He was there to endorse GOP House candidates Russell Fry and Katie Arrington, who are both challenging sitting Reps. Tom Rice and Nancy Mace
    The ex-president wants Rice gone because he voted for impeachment after 1/6
    Rice ripped opponent Fry in his statement, calling him Trump's 'yes-man'
    The lawmaker represents the district where Trump's rally took place

By Elizabeth Elkind, Politics Reporter For Dailymail.Com and Associated Press

Published: 09:34 EDT, 13 March 2022 | Updated: 10:46 EDT, 13 March 2022

Republican Rep. Tom Rice blasted Donald Trump as a 'would-be tyrant' in a searing statement after the former president campaigned for the lawmaker's primary opponent in a rally on Saturday night.

Trump is trying to unseat Rice, who he called a 'total fool' for voting with nine other Republican legislators in favor of impeachment after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol.

Saturday night's rally took place in Florence, part of Rice's 7th Congressional District. He's held the seat for nearly a decade since 2013. 

'Trump is here because, like no one else I've ever met, he is consumed by spite,' Rice said in a statement obtained by WBTW late on Saturday.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10607947/GOP-Rep-Tom-Rice-hits-tyrant-Trump-ex-president-rips-S-C-rally.html

Free Vulcan:
Says the guy calling Trump a would-be tyrant.

libertybele:
I heard Trump's speech last night.  It wasn't as good as some of his speeches in my opinion, but nonetheless, he was helping to campaign for those he felt would help the GOP and the people of SC.  If I recall, yes, he called Rice a RINO. With that being said, RINO's need to be replaced.  See ya Rice. :seeya:

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on March 13, 2022, 03:37:21 pm ---Republican Rep. Tom Rice blasted Donald Trump as a 'would-be tyrant' in a searing statement after the former president campaigned for the lawmaker's primary opponent in a rally on Saturday night.

--- End quote ---

Looks like Rice and Cheney both received their copy of the DNC talking points.

EdinVA:
Wah wah wah... Politics is a full contact sport, can't take it get out..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version