Author Topic: The Atlantic bemoans that nuclear war would ‘prove disastrous for climate change’  (Read 86 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Atlantic bemoans that nuclear war would ‘prove disastrous for climate change’
March 13, 2022 | Robert Jonathan

The Atlantic appears to be demonstrating that it has its priorities in order… the question being is it the proper order?

An essay in the liberal publication that Fox News host Tucker Carlson previously described as a shameless corporate mouthpiece and a place for the ruling class to talk to itself warns that a nuclear war prompted by the Russian Federation’s invasion of Ukraine could be really bad for the environment.

To his credit, the author points out that a so-called no-fly zone over Ukraine (which many neocons and neolibs seem to be advocating) could be ruinous in that it could lead to a exchange of nuclear warheads between the U.S. and Russia.

But he then added, “And it would be worse for the climate than any energy policy that Donald Trump ever proposed.”

“I mean this quite literally,” staff writer Robinson Meyer continued. “If you are worried about rapid, catastrophic changes to the planet’s climate, then you must be worried about nuclear war. That is because, on top of killing tens of millions of people, even a relatively ‘minor’ exchange of nuclear weapons would wreck the planet’s climate in enormous and long-lasting ways.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/13/the-atlantic-bemoans-that-nuclear-war-would-prove-disastrous-for-climate-change-1212117/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Don't let the geniuses know that a massive thermonuclear war  would  actually reduce global temperatures, due to sunlight particulate reflection and dispersion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't let the geniuses know that a massive thermonuclear war  would  actually reduce global temperatures, due to sunlight particulate reflection and dispersion.

As an added benefit it would reduce the surplus population to offset the resulting food shortages.  888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.