Author Topic: Maryland Legislature Considers Sick Bill That Could Legalize Infanticide Up to 28 Days AFTER Birth  (Read 609 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ACLJ By Olivia Summers 3/4/2022

Maryland Legislature Considers Sick Bill That Could Legalize Infanticide Up to 28 Days AFTER Birth

The Maryland legislative session is in full swing, and once again, abortion advocates are pushing their radical abortion agenda. Recently, we told you about the testimony we presented against Maryland House Bill 1171, which is attempting to codify Roe v. Wade in the Maryland constitution. Now, we’re preparing to submit testimony on Maryland Senate Bill 669 – also known as the Pregnant Person’s Freedom Act of 2022.

At first glance, this bill looks like it simply changes the word “woman” to “pregnant person,” and then prevents a “pregnant person” from being investigated or penalized for “terminating or attempting to terminate” her own pregnancy. But we are well aware that abortion advocates constantly package what they sell as benign, when it is truly lethal.

In this case, as we are prepared to point out in our testimony, the bill also proposes a revision of the fetal murder/manslaughter statute that would serve to handcuff the investigation of infant deaths unrelated to abortion. In other words – this bill will effectively legalize infanticide. The exact language of the bill states: “This section may not be construed to authorize any form of investigation or penalty for a person . . . experiencing a . . . perinatal death related to a failure to act.” (Emphasis added). In other words, a baby born alive and well could be abandoned and left to starve or freeze to death, and nothing could be done to punish those who participated in that cruel death. The bill also includes a section that would allow “a person [to] bring a cause of action for damages if the person was subject to unlawful arrest or criminal investigation for a violation of this section as a result of . . . experiencing a . . . perinatal death.”

More: https://aclj.org/pro-life/maryland-legislature-considers-sick-bill-that-could-legalize-infanticide-up-to-28-days-after-birth

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murdering your 1 month old baby...are these people insane!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

So, basically, the purpose of the language under discussion is to immunize anyone from criminal liability for dumping a newborn in a dumpster, or leaving it behind in the bathroom garbage can, if the newborn subsequently dies.

I agree that this is monstrous language.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What blows my mind is that many of these who voted for this bill would be considered by the under-30 crowd as old, useless, and ready for pasture.

When you start defining life like this, what is applied by you may also be applied to you with the same moral equivalency.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Yes.  I'm trying to find a copy of the actual piece of legislation so that I can see who drafted it -- I can find reprinted copies of Bil 669 (evil numbers) but can't find that actual Maryland bill.  Bill 669?? All I find is it was supposedly drafted by Senator Smith?

So .... I'm not convinced that this is true.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/sb0669f.pdf

So .... went into Maryland.gov to look up the original bill -- proposed by delegate A. Jones

Here's the original proposed legislation -- it was HB 1031

I also looked up SB669 -- I'm not finding the 28 days after birth -- maybe I'm missing something??

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/HB1171

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:11:25 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0669?ys=2022RS

SB0669
Title
    Pregnant Person's Freedom Act of 2022
Sponsored by
    Senator Smith
Status
    In the Senate - Hearing 3/15 at 1:00 p.m.
Analysis
    Fiscal and Policy Note

Synopsis
Altering certain provisions of law relating to the termination of a pregnancy and investigations of or criminal penalties or civil liabilities for a pregnant person or a person assisting a pregnant person; prohibiting a certain provision of law that requires the termination of a pregnancy by a licensed physician from being construed to apply to a pregnant person who terminates the person's own pregnancy under any circumstances; etc.
Committees

Original:
    Judicial Proceedings

Details
Cross-filed with: HB0626
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:22:15 am by Elderberry »

Offline libertybele

@Elderberry  - I'm still not seeing the 28 days  --- and it appears that the original Bill HB1031 was withdrawn??

It states, "altering certain provisions" but I'm not finding what those provisions are.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:28:04 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry  - I'm still not seeing the 28 days  --- and it appears that the original Bill HB1031 was withdrawn??

It states, "altering certain provisions" but I'm not finding what those provisions are.

I don't think you are going to find it state 28 days.

https://aclj.org/pro-life/maryland-legislature-considers-sick-bill-that-could-legalize-infanticide-up-to-28-days-after-birth

Because the language that is used is without clear definition, the bill could prevent any investigations into the death of infants at least seven days AFTER their birth, and may extend to infants as old as four weeks!

Again, there is no clear definition of the term “perinatal” in the Maryland Code. Note the term used in the legislation is “perinatal,” not prenatal. Prenatal naturally means “before” birth. The medical definition of “perinatal” is vastly different: “The perinatal period is defined in diverse ways. Depending on the definition, it starts at the 20th to 28th week of gestation and ends 1 to 4 weeks after birth.”

Offline libertybele

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
mystery-ak...
You see, I think anyone that kills their one week, one month, two month, three month, etc baby INSANE!

The single most defenseless group in the USA, we kill with great zeal.  It is genocide.  70 million murdered babies is mass genocide.  Hitler had nothing on us for murdering the innocent.  NOTHING!!!

When seven men, never elected to represent anyone, seven dirt bag attorneys that decided the fate of the unborn, I am certain God turned his back on this once great nation.  I know I would have had I been him/her/it, for all you pronoun morons.

Until legalized abortion ends in the USA, this nation is damned, and the people in it.

If we had a national referendum, the majority of the electorate would vote against abortion.  So why do we practice mass genocide?  Bottomline, whatever Americans held dear in regard to life, we lost it.  We kill our babies, and now we are killing our elderly.  How many of you know what COMFORT MEASURES is?  I bet many of you do not know what it means.  It means we kill anyone perceived to be in the throws of death.  And now this state considers killing babies one month old?  How long before it is one year, and then ten years?  Not long, I assure you.

Offline verga

This is the exact same position that Ralph "Blackface" Northam took here in Virginia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB43tfyJdX4

Sick B@$T@R$.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.