Author Topic: US Misjudged Ukraine's Will to Fight Russia, Officials Admit  (Read 155 times)

rebewranger

US Misjudged Ukraine's Will to Fight Russia, Officials Admit
« on: March 12, 2022, 11:25:31 am »
US Misjudged Ukraine's Will to Fight Russia, Officials Admit

10 Mar 2022
Associated Press | By Nomaan Merchant
WASHINGTON — Top U.S. intelligence officials admitted Thursday that they underestimated Ukraine’s ability to defend itself against Russia’s invasion, a mistake for intelligence agencies that have otherwise been lauded for accurately predicting Russian President Vladimir Putin’s intention to launch a war.

“My view was that, based on a variety of factors, that the Ukrainians were not as ready as I thought they should be,” said Lt. Gen. Scott Berrier, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. “Therefore, I questioned their will to fight. That was a bad assessment on my part because they have fought bravely and honorably and are doing the right thing.”

The White House has faced Republican criticism that it isn't providing enough weapons or intelligence to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The Biden administration is currently opposed to a Polish plan to donate old Russian-made warplanes to Ukraine, out of concern that Putin may view that as an escalation by the U.S. or NATO.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/03/10/us-misjudged-ukraines-will-fight-russia-officials-admit.html

rebewranger

Re: US Misjudged Ukraine's Will to Fight Russia, Officials Admit
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 11:26:57 am »
Hey!  Wow, they misjudged Ukraine just like they did Aghanistan! :wtf:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 12:18:53 pm »
“My view was that, based on a variety of factors, that the Ukrainians were not as ready as I thought they should be,” said Lt. Gen. Scott Berrier, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Yea, Ukraine did not spend 6 millions man hours trying to figure out which bathroom to use...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 01:01:21 pm »
Yea, Ukraine did not spend 6 millions man hours trying to figure out which bathroom to use...

QFT   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.