Author Topic: Manchin to chief energy regulator holding up natural gas projects: 'Do your damn job'  (Read 627 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Manchin to chief energy regulator holding up natural gas projects: 'Do your damn job'

Sen. Joe Manchin lit into the Biden appointee overseeing the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) over stalled pipeline permits Friday, demanding that he do his "damn job."

The West Virginia Democrat, who chairs the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, is critical of FERC's handling of natural gas pipelines under President Biden, particularly as energy prices soar amid Russia's war on Ukraine.

Last week, the senator called the full FERC commission, including Chairman Richard Glick, before the committee to question the regulators over their policy decisions while pressing them to allow certain stalled projects to move forward.

Glick, speaking at the CERAWeek by S&P Global energy conference Thursday, defended his agency's decision to withhold permits. He said some of the pipeline delays Manchin lamented at the Senate hearing were due to FERC's efforts to ensure projects were done "right the first time."

A proper process, Glick added, can avoid "years of litigation and ... hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars of extra cost."
FERC chairman Richard Glick

"Well, speak up and help us, Mr. Chairman Glick. Speak up and help us," Manchin said in response to that when asked about Glick's claims during a press briefing at CERAWeek the next day.

The senator said FERC is intentionally withholding guidance from permit seekers, saying that when he was governor of West Virginia, he told regulators working under his direction, "If you go out with a cease and desist order before you try to help someone do something right and tell them what they’re doing wrong, shame on ya. Shame on all of you.".............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/manchin-chief-energy-regulator-pipeline-permits-do-damn-job
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
He is doing his job of the damned, don't people realize democrats now rule over us, not govern?Its not who votes that counts,its who counts thevotes.  Communist stye rule is here, count your czars.  They are in your face now, and they represent Putin and Xi, NOT YOU.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

When Manchin speaks all you can hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin to chief energy regulator holding up natural gas projects: 'Do your damn job'
The West Virginia senator demanded, 'Speak up and help us'

By Breck Dumas , Tyler Olson FOXBusiness

HOUSTON – Sen. Joe Manchin lit into the Biden appointee overseeing the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) over stalled pipeline permits Friday, demanding that he do his "damn job."

The West Virginia Democrat, who chairs the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, is critical of FERC's handling of natural gas pipelines under President Biden, particularly as energy prices soar amid Russia's war on Ukraine.

Last week, the senator called the full FERC commission, including Chairman Richard Glick, before the committee to question the regulators over their policy decisions while pressing them to allow certain stalled projects to move forward.

Glick, speaking at the CERAWeek by S&P Global energy conference Thursday, defended his agency's decision to withhold permits. He said some of the pipeline delays Manchin lamented at the Senate hearing were due to FERC's efforts to ensure projects were done "right the first time."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/manchin-chief-energy-regulator-pipeline-permits-do-damn-job
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He is doing his job of the damned, don't people realize democrats now rule over us, not govern?Its not who votes that counts,its who counts thevotes.  Communist stye rule is here, count your czars.  They are in your face now, and they represent Putin and Xi, NOT YOU.

Of course people realize that the DEMS rule over us (especially those in here).  The only way to resolve that issue, though I believe it is too late, is to hold our elected officials accountable -- VOTE THE RINO's out!  McConnell who is notorious for ensuring that his cronies in the Senate retain their RINO seats needs to go -- he IS one of the GOP's biggest problems.

The liberalization of our education system and the liberal indoctrination of our children is a huge problem; Glenn Beck is working to change that, but obviously he can't do it alone.  Most importantly, conservatism needs to be reinserted at the local and state levels. 

I agree with Dr. Ron Paul who stated long ago, that change will never come from the top down, but from the bottom up.

Yes, many of us recognize that the Kingmakers in Congress no longer represent us.

That IS what conservatives are fighting against. I've said it many, many times, UNLESS the GOP/RNC ensures a fair election the GOP will NOT win the Senate nor take back the House., and IF they do, people need to hold them accountable.

Congress is supposed to work for us, we do NOT work for them!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Online mountaineer

WV is chock full of natural gas and coal reserves. To his credit, Joe is representing his constituents here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

WV is chock full of natural gas and coal reserves. To his credit, Joe is representing his constituents here.
Maybe but it's like trying to commit suicide buy pricking your finger instead of slitting your wrists. He can b!tch all he wants because he knows it will never happen. He playing to the republicants that vote for him.

Online Hoodat

Holding up natural gas projects is his damn job.  Manchin knows this.  it's what Joe Biden ran on.  He stated it many times during the campaign.  And Manchin supported it.  He should stop playing dumb.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If Manchin was representing his constituents, he wouldn't have voted for Chuck Schumer for Senate Majority Leader.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
There will be a time a few years from now that our sheeple will realize that NG is the green form of energy.  Most of Eurpope realizes this, and hopefully the Envirowhacko agenda faction and influence will be swept out with the trash.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

Holding up natural gas projects is his damn job.  Manchin knows this.  it's what Joe Biden ran on.  He stated it many times during the campaign.  And Manchin supported it.  He should stop playing dumb.
He's not playing. He is dumb.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Offline MOD3

Topics merged.

Online mountaineer

If Manchin was representing his constituents, he wouldn't have voted for Chuck Schumer for Senate Majority Leader.
I didn't say he properly represents us all of the time. Keep in mind that around half of WV voters are Dems (they used to hold a 3:1 majority). Just because 69% of WV voters went for Trump doesn't mean they're Republicans.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"Keep in mind that around half of WV voters are Dems (they used to hold a 3:1 majority). Just because 69% of WV voters went for Trump doesn't mean they're Republicans."

That doesn't speak well for a sizable number of the voters in your state, mountaineer.

They probably call themselves "democrats" because their parents were "democrats", and their grandparents were "democrats", and their great-grandparents were "democrats", etc. ad infinitum.

Mebbe so from back in the days of "Which Side Are You On?", Florence Reese, and when you were either "for the owners" or for the union. But that's no more.

Still, if you got these people into a room and DARED to call The Party "the democrat-communist" party, you'll be booed outta there -- or worse.

When are these folks going to wake up...?

Online mountaineer

You're exactly right, @Fishrrman . Lifelong Democrats who don't have a clue what siding with the DNC actually means. Some have woken up in the past 20 years, but not enough.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe but it's like trying to commit suicide buy pricking your finger instead of slitting your wrists. He can b!tch all he wants because he knows it will never happen. He playing to the republicants that vote for him.
What should be obvious to everyone by now, is that policy is being set, enforced, and applied not by elected officials, but by huge swarms of bureaucrats who hire underlings of similar ilk and have stuffed the federal agencies with people who promulgate regulations and write the rules that actually govern the nuts and bolts of getting anything done.

This, friends in the pond scum of the Swamp, the essence of the deep state, and the biggest reason that no matter who is running things at the top, NOTHING changes. It may be put off until he other party is in office, but it is right there, simmering on the back burners of bureaucracy, waiting for the right moment to be served up on the American people, to our mutual detriment, and to the profit and satisfaction of an ignorant few.

Unless and until the bureaucracy is cleaned out, the agencies reduced to something closer to a Constitutional level in size and scope, it really matters little who sits in what seat or behind what desk. The agenda continues...as it has for the last 50 years or more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"Unless and until the bureaucracy is cleaned out, the agencies reduced to something closer to a Constitutional level in size and scope,"

Even Hercules couldn't clean out these Augean Stables.
They must have the inhabitants run out, then the entire edifice must be torn down.
Anything that replaces it must be constructed very carefully to prevent spontaneous "growth" again.

Is it time for that new Continental Congress yet...?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Joe wrote:
"Unless and until the bureaucracy is cleaned out, the agencies reduced to something closer to a Constitutional level in size and scope,"

Even Hercules couldn't clean out these Augean Stables.
They must have the inhabitants run out, then the entire edifice must be torn down.
Anything that replaces it must be constructed very carefully to prevent spontaneous "growth" again.

Is it time for that new Continental Congress yet...?
Maybe if we divert the Potomac...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Hoodat:
Holding up natural gas projects is his damn job.  Manchin knows this. it's what Joe Biden ran on.  He stated it many times during the campaign.  And Manchin supported it.  He should stop playing dumb.

christian:
Clarity and brevity, excellent !  But of course, Joe can't be blamed being more innocent than a newborn baby, like Teflon bill and your a racist-Obama.  Fools is their strongest backing.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions