Author Topic: Senate averts shutdown, passes $13.6B in Ukraine aid  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate averts shutdown, passes $13.6B in Ukraine aid
« on: March 11, 2022, 02:47:39 pm »
Senate averts shutdown, passes $13.6B in Ukraine aid
By Jordain Carney - 03/10/22 10:24 PM EST

The Senate passed a massive bill to fund the government and provide new Ukraine-related aid, sending the 2,741-page bill to President Biden’s desk.

Senators voted 68-31 on the bill, which includes $1.5 trillion in government funding and $13.6 billion in aid tied to Ukraine.

The bill moved at lightning speed through Congress, passing the House less than 24 hours after it was unveiled early Wednesday morning. The Senate’s vote comes less than two days after the bill was introduced.

The Senate also passed by voice vote a days-long continuing resolution to buy time to get the massive legislation, which funds the government through the end of September, to Biden’s desk, after which he’s expected to sign it.

“It’s been a very productive and very bipartisan week in the Senate,” Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said.

“This bipartisan funding package is a significant and far reaching win for the American people and I’m glad the Senate moved as quickly today as I hoped we would. To my colleagues on both sides of the aisle I say bravo, a job well done,” Schumer added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/597797-senate-passes-sweeping-bill-to-fund-government-provide-ukraine-aid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Senate averts shutdown, passes $13.6B in Ukraine aid
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 02:51:21 pm »
So, how much more is this going to goose inflation?  And how much left-wing payola does it contain?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 08:39:24 pm »
More RINOs in action to bankrupt America
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 09:18:24 pm »
More RINOs in action to bankrupt America
EXACTLY! This country is screwed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 10:08:52 am »
A bi-partisan week, translated means Republicans on their knees playing Lewinskys shamelessly.  Who do you turn to when BOTH sides betray us?  Betrayers tell us,give all the power to the worst offenders.  A nation seriously short on brain power.  They did reject God,didn't they?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 06:22:04 pm »
$13.6B for Ukraine's border not a penny for Americas! I'm not saying we shouldn't help the Ukrainians but did even one republican try and do anything to get our border security addressed in this? I mean if American taxpayers are footing the bill shouldn't we get something tangible out of this other than the bill?

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 08:28:42 pm »
$13.6B for Ukraine's border not a penny for Americas! I'm not saying we shouldn't help the Ukrainians but did even one republican try and do anything to get our border security addressed in this? I mean if American taxpayers are footing the bill shouldn't we get something tangible out of this other than the bill?
We shouldn't help Ukraine. It's none of our business and WE CAN'T AFFORD IT! Also it shows the hypocrisy of our elected officials that worry about other countries borders but not our own.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 08:34:16 pm »
Headline is bogus.  The Senate didn't avert a shutdown by allocating $13.6B for Ukraine aid.  The Senate avoided a shutdown by passing a $1.5 trillion spending bill and asking the FED to fund it by printing up $1.5 trillion in new money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-