Author Topic: Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail, 30 months of probation  (Read 2318 times)

Offline mountaineer

I'm not suicidal!!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UPDATE: Cook County to Monitor Jussie Smollet’s Cell with Security Cameras After Suicide Comments

Actor Jussie Smollett was sentenced to 150 days in jail on Thursday STARING TODAY. Smollett was also sentenced to 30 months probation, ordered to pay $120,126 restitution and a $25,000 fine.

This was after he faked a hate crime accusing Trump supporters in MAGA hats of beating him in the street and putting a noose around his neck as he walked to a Subway at 2 AM in -2 degrees. in reality, he hired two Nigerian brothers in white makeup and staged the entire beating. The fake news media believed every word of it.

Jussie screamed after he was sentenced, “I am not suicidal! I am innocent!” as they whisked him away to his cell in Cook County jail.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/update-cook-county-monitor-jussie-smollets-cell-security-cameras-suicide-comments/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Make the world a slightly better place,Jussie. Just step off of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

:silly:  :laugh:  rrthree  :rolling:  10631
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 12:18:58 am by mountaineer »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do hope there are a few guys in that jail that really, really like what the Empire star has to offer them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I never thought this dirt bag would spend a day in jail.  150 days for doing what he did is a travesty and is absolute proof that justice does not exist in the USA.  His sentence should have been north of ten years.

There is not a single doubt in my mind there is one or more white folks dead because of what this dirt bag did.  His conspiracy ruined how many people's lives?  More than a handful.

Anyone that hires this puke is an idiot.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett Believes He Got Jail Time For Conviction Because He’s Black

Kay Smythe
Reporter
March 12, 2022 1:47 PM ET

Sources close to convicted criminal Jussie Smollett have said that the actor believed he would be sent to jail after being convicted of staging a hate crime against himself, not because he committed the crime, but because of the color of his skin.

The sources told TMZ that prior to his sentencing, Smollett told his defense team that he felt he would receive harsher treatment than other defendants because of the color of his skin. The actor apparently told the source that he believes his sentencing was more evidence of systemic racism in the judicial system, according to TMZ.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/12/jussie-smollett-believes-jail-time-conviction-because-hes-black/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Jussie Smollett Believes He Got Jail Time For Conviction Because He’s Black

Kay Smythe
Reporter
March 12, 2022 1:47 PM ET

Sources close to convicted criminal Jussie Smollett have said that the actor believed he would be sent to jail after being convicted of staging a hate crime against himself, not because he committed the crime, but because of the color of his skin.

The sources told TMZ that prior to his sentencing, Smollett told his defense team that he felt he would receive harsher treatment than other defendants because of the color of his skin. The actor apparently told the source that he believes his sentencing was more evidence of systemic racism in the judicial system, according to TMZ.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/12/jussie-smollett-believes-jail-time-conviction-because-hes-black/

Of course he does.

Offline Hoodat

The sources told TMZ that prior to his sentencing, Smollett told his defense team that he felt he would receive harsher treatment than other defendants because of the color of his skin.

OK, remind me again what those white defendants got in that case where they filed a false police report about two men in BLM hats accosting them in the street at 2 am saying, "Hey, ain't you that cracka' on Duck Dynasty?" and then putting a doo-rag over his head.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett's Siblings Respond to Jail Sentence by Calling Him a 'Complete Victim' and Criticizing Judge

Jack Davis  March 12, 2022 at 8:41am

Jussie Smollett’s siblings reacted with outrage to the actor’s sentence of 150 days in jail for staging a hate crime in 2019.

“You turned your life upside down by your misconduct and shenanigans,” Cook County Judge James Linn said Thursday during Smollett’s sentencing in Chicago, according to WMAC-TV. “There’s nothing that any sentencing judge can do to you that would compare to the damage you’ve already caused yourself.”

Linn said Smollett, 39, should have known the repercussions of his actions.

“For you now to sit here, convicted of hoaxing, hate crimes … the hypocrisy is just astounding,” Linn said.

Smollett faces 30 months of probation as well, and he was ordered to pay $120,106 in restitution to the city of Chicago and was fined $25,000, according to The Associated Press.

Jocqui Smollett, 32, called his brother a “complete victim.”

“He was attacked and he is now going to jail for being attacked,” Jocqui said, adding: “Do you know how crazy that is?”

“He’s in jail for five months, that is unacceptable, for being attacked. He’s a survivor and he’s completely mistreated. And this has to stop.”

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/jussie-smolletts-siblings-respond-jail-sentence-calling-complete-victim-criticizing-judge/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

That nitwit should be jailed for having a stupid name like Jocqui.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett is 'placed in Cook County jail psych ward' after court outburst: Brother takes to Instagram to insist the race attack hoaxer is 'in no way, shape, or form at risk of self-harm'

Jussie's brother Jocqui says the actor has been put in a psych ward within the jail
    He says paperwork placed in front of his cell says he's 'at risk of self-harm' and called on fans to hashtag #FreeJussie and tag the county jail on social media
    The Cook County Sheriff's Office said Smollett is not in solitary confinement and is allowed substantial time out of his cell, but did not clarify what unit he is in
    On Thursday, Jussie was sentenced to 150 days in jail, but he could serve just 75
    Smollett told his attorneys that he would get a harsher sentence than most people convicted of a non-violent offense because he's black
    Smollett said, 'I am innocent! I am not suicidal,' as he was led away in handcuffs
    He said his outburst was to ensure if something happened to him, the public would know it was foul play - a reference to Jeffrey Epstein's jail cell hanging

By Adam Manno and Gina Martinez For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:53 EDT, 13 March 2022 | Updated: 12:04 EDT, 13 March 2022

The brother of Jussie Smollett says the Empire actor has been placed in a psych ward at the Cook County Jail after he was sentenced to 150 days on Thursday for lying to the police about an alleged hate crime in 2019.

'So Jussie is currently in a psych ward at the Cook County Jail. What's very concerning is that there was a note attached to his paperwork today and put in front of his jail cell saying that he's at risk of self-harm,' said Jocqui Smollett in a video posted to his brother's Instagram account Sunday morning

Jocqui urged supporters to flood social media with posts hash-tagged #FreeJussie. He also told them to directly tag the Cook County Jail.

'I want to make it clear to folks that he is in no way, shape or form at risk of self-harm,' Jocqui added.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10608111/Jussie-Smollett-placed-jail-psych-ward-brother-insists-hes-not-risk-self-harm.html
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well...this is what I think...lol

The outburst in court from Jussie was pre-planned....if you watch the video of it you will see his defense team just sit there with no reaction...they were expecting it...why did he do this...to be admitted to the psych ward instead of general population.

Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well...this is what I think...lol

The outburst in court from Jussie was pre-planned....if you watch the video of it you will see his defense team just sit there with no reaction...they were expecting it...why did he do this...to be admitted to the psych ward instead of general population.

<iframe allowfullscreen frameborder="0" width="698" height="573" scrolling="no" id="molvideoplayer" title="MailOnline Embed Player" src="https://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/2636075.html"></iframe>

All the world's a stage, And Juicie is merely a player; He exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, A convict at the final curtain.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

All the world's a stage, And Juicie is merely a player; He exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, A convict at the final curtain.
He is a happy convict right now, as he is well-positioned to take advantage of the situation. :03:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

He is a social justice warrior for all those who have staged fraudulent hate crimes against themselves.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That nitwit should be jailed for having a stupid name like Jocqui.
Willing to bet he wasn't named while momma was watching a horse race, more likely saw the dads athletic supporter on the floor.

Offline mountaineer

From Jason Whitlock's FB page:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He is a happy convict right now, as he is well-positioned to take advantage of the situation. :03:

@IsailedawayfromFR

This was NOT a small part of a cleverly-crafted program to make him a professional vic-tum. He is a borderline retard,and can't be trained to perform at the level of a trained seal.

I have no idea what his role was on the teebee soap opera where he last worked,but it couldn't have been very complex. Frankly,I am shocked there is no video of him taking a shoe off so he can scratch an itch behind his ear.

Can't even begin to imagine how embarrassed the typical black man is when it occurs to him that this retard is see or talked about on teebee all the time,and for MANY people he represents the typical black man.

Make me VERY happy I am not black,because if I were,I'd be temped to off the SOB for defaming black people.

BTW,the two muscle-bound goobers he hired to beat him up ain't much to brag about,either.

This is a message to all you  black people out there who are constantly whining about how "De white mans bees defaming de black mans." It ain't US defaming you Le Roi,you are doing this to yourselves,or contributing to it by remaining silent when other blacks do it.

It is NOT the white man's responsibility to accept or make blacks acceptable. Start accepting responsibility for your own damn selves by acting respectable and demanding the blacks in your immediate family act respectable.

I/we DO understand that you,as individuals are not and can not be held responsible for the actions of others,but you CAN damn sure work to make your own families act and live responsibly. Do that,tell the others around you to also do that with their families,and most of the racism will eventually go away.

Act responsible and you will be treated as responsible citizens. Act the fool like a thug,and get treated like fool thugs.

This really ain't all that complex.

And do NOT try to sell me on that "Black Culture" HorseHillary! I knew and was friends with too many responsible blacks when I was in the army to EVER listen to THAT crap. I am also (barely) old enough to remember back when blacks were more family-oriented and the drive was to act and be treated as responsible citizens. The men worked and provided for their families,and the women mostly remained home and raised their children to be responsible members of society. They were mostly "church ladies",but they pretty much laid down the law to everybody in their family,and if you knew what was good for you,all you said to them was "yes mam" because somebody WOULD tune your ass UP if you got mouthy or violent with a mother or grandmother.

AND.....,if you were white ,from the rural south,and spoke with an older black woman,you addressed her as "mam" if you knew what was good for you,or your mother would tune your ass up when you got home,because you could almost bet she had already heard about it.

Of course,all this was back in the days when damn near nobody bothered to even lock their doors when they left home to go shopping or go to church. THAT is something nobody in their right minds would suggest today. I suspect most people under 30 would think you were lying if you tried to tell them that.

Offline verga

This is a complete miscarriage of justice. His sentence should be the same as he committed assault. These hoax/ fake crimes waste so much time and money that a clear message needs to be sent. If you try and pull this crap you will be charged and sentenced as if you had committed. He said it was an assault and was wounded. Here in VA that is a class 6 felony 5 year max and $2,500 fine. Works for me.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is a complete miscarriage of justice. His sentence should be the same as he committed assault.

@verga

I disagree. He SHOULD have been charged with conspiring to incite a race riot,a MUCH more serious crime because it inspires/encourages people to physically attack total strangers that have done them no harm at all,and to destroy private property.

It is akin to piracy.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:08:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline verga

@verga

I disagree. He SHOULD have been charged with conspiring to incite a race riot,a MUCH more serious crime because it inspires/encourages people to physically attack total strangers that have done them no harm at all,and to destroy private property.

It is akin to piracy.
Hey anything that gets the B@$T@RD more than 150 days I can live with.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Appeals court to rule if Jussie Smollett should stay in jail

Jussie Smollett's attorneys want the actor released from jail while they appeal his conviction of lying to Chicago police about a racist and homophobic attack and the 150-day jail sentence a judge handed down
By DON BABWIN Associated Press
March 16, 2022, 1:16 PM

CHICAGO -- Jussie Smollett's attorneys say they're planning to appeal nearly everything that went on in court over the last few months — from the actor's December conviction of lying to police to the 150-day sentence a judge imposed last week. And they want the actor to be released from jail immediately rather than wait for the outcome.

Now, the issue of whether Smollett must sit in jail during these planned appeals is before a state appeals court and while the appeals could take months to resolve, the question of whether Smollett remains locked up will be resolved much quicker.

That's because Smollett's attorneys have asked in a motion to the First District Court of Appeals to suspend the jail sentence and allow Smollett to post bond so that he can be out of custody during the appeal process. And they asked the court to postpone Smollett's ordered payment of $140,000 in fines and restitution that Cook County Judge James Linn ordered as part of his sentence.

The way Smollett's attorneys see it, such an order is justified because it's almost certain that Smollett would complete his 150-day jail sentence — which could shrink to 75 days if he behaves himself in jail — before the appeals on the conviction and sentence are decided. They also say it's important that Smollett be released because they are worried about his mental health if he remains in protective custody in jail and are concerned that he could be attacked by other inmates.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/appeals-court-rule-jussie-smollett-stay-jail-83486277
Support the USO