Author Topic: Inflation Reaches New High as Consumer Prices Jump 7.9%, Highest in Four Decades  (Read 513 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation Reaches New High as Consumer Prices Jump 7.9%, Highest in Four Decades

John Carney 10 Mar 2022

Inflation climbed to another four-decade high in February with prices expected to push even higher on the back of soaring energy prices following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The Department of Labor said that the consumer price index rose 7.9 percent compared with a year ago. Prices were up 0.8 compared with the prior month.

This is the ninth straight month of inflation above 5 percent. Prices rose at an annual rate of 7.5 percent in January, jumping 0.6 percent from December.

Economists had forecast CPI to rise by 0.7 percent for the month and 7.8 percent compared with a year ago.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/03/10/inflation-february/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

Adults younger than about 60 have never dealt with anything like this before.  Lord only knows how they will react.  Retirees are instructed to shed their portfolios of stock, and every safe investment is losing value, so I'll imagine quite a few of them will be forced to draw from their home equity if this persists. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Adults younger than about 60 have never dealt with anything like this before.  Lord only knows how they will react.  Retirees are instructed to shed their portfolios of stock, and every safe investment is losing value, so I'll imagine quite a few of them will be forced to draw from their home equity if this persists.
Who is instructing retirees to sell their stock?  Seems like a foolish move.

Oil stocks have jumped up significantly in just the past several weeks, so to have sold would have been disastrous.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 03:27:40 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online cato potatoe

Who is instructing retirees to sell their stock?  Seems like a foolish move.

Oil stocks have jumped up significantly in just the past several weeks, so to sell would be disastrous.

Many financial advisors steer them into low return investments, unless they have atypical risk tolerance. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Highest inflation in 4 decades.  Gee --- Hello America, do y'all see what Joe has done and is continuing to do??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Many financial advisors steer them into low return investments, unless they have atypical risk tolerance.
Time to dump the financial advisors who make this call.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

Gee --- Hello America, do y'all see what Joe has done and is continuing to do??

They do

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Fox asks Psaki if Putin will be Biden's scapegoat until after midterms

Support the USO

Offline LMAO

WATCH: Fox asks Psaki if Putin will be Biden's scapegoat until after midterms

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=6300281393001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at foxnews.com</noscript>

Lol

Love it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online rustynail

We just have WIN

Whip Inflation Now!