Author Topic: Ukraine, Zelensky, Putin, and Armageddon: On the Limits of Sympathy..by Dov Fischer  (Read 110 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ukraine, Zelensky, Putin, and Armageddon: On the Limits of Sympathy
Putin is not a madman. He’s a murderer who knows what he wants.
by Dov Fischer
March 9, 2022, 11:39 PM

The Putin-Ukraine thing is a mess. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky certainly seems a well-meaning guy, but Putin realistically is not a madman nor a Hitler.

Putin is complex. He is a murderer, for sure. His opponents get stabbed in West Europe with umbrellas that discharge fatal toxins. His enemies fall out of windows even when the windows are closed. But he still is no Hitler. Problems cannot be solved if not addressed fairly.

Western Europe and American mainstream media declare him “Hitler” and “insane,” but that does not make him so. Putin, having not received NATO membership, logically does not want NATO in his backyard, with European and American anti-aircraft weapons, backed potentially by whole NATO forces, stationed in Ukraine on his western border to shoot down his aircraft.

One also contemplates our Civil War. Slavery is despicable — obviously. Even so, if another country in the world employs slavery, should America go to war against them? If so, when will we be invading Saudi Arabia, other Arab Muslim countries, parts of Africa that still engage slavery, and such? The people of Dixie did not threaten the northern states, just wanted to break off and have their own states’ rights and slavery. Yet we went to war to stop them from seceding and to end slavery.

Putin saw his glorious Russian Empire collapse. Nothing about Mother Russia or its empire excites me. I spent much of my college years protesting against their persecution of Jews and demanding they let my people go. They gave the world the Gulag. And Stalin. And Lenin. And Trotsky. And Lavrenti Beria. And Genrikh Yagoda. And Khrushchev. And the Tsars. So I don’t miss that empire.

more
https://spectator.org/ukraine-zelensky-putin-and-armageddon-on-the-limits-of-sympathy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34