Author Topic: US Has Lost Global Power and Is Now Just Faking It  (Read 213 times)

rebewranger

US Has Lost Global Power and Is Now Just Faking It
« on: March 09, 2022, 10:58:09 am »
US Has Lost Global Power and Is Now Just Faking It

The political future of Syria is being decided by Russia, Turkey and Iran, with no useful input from the United States at all.

By Jonas E. Alexis, Assistant Editor -March 7, 20221972 1

By Dmitry Olov

It’s a hard job being a global hegemon and the world’s sole superpower.

You have to keep the entire planet in line. Every country needs to be taught its place, and kept there, by force if need be. Now and again a country or two has to be conquered or destroyed, just to teach others a lesson.

Plus you have to relentlessly meddle in other countries politics, rigging elections so that only US-friendly candidates can win, run regime change operations and organize colored revolutions. Stop doing this, and some countries will start ignoring you. And then the rest will quickly realize that you are losing control and go their separate ways while ignoring you.
Is the United States still the world’s greatest power, in control of the entire planet, or has that moment in history already come and gone? We are constantly hearing how the situation is becoming dire: relations between the US and NATO countries and Russia are going from bad to worse; there is a trade war going on with China; North Korea remains an intractable problem and an embarrassment.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2022/03/07/the-us-has-lost-global-power-and-is-now-just-faking-it/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: US Has Lost Global Power and Is Now Just Faking It
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:10:22 pm »
 8888crybaby
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 12:16:05 am »
Well, do we really want to be involved in Syria?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 12:27:46 am »
I have read this piece 3 or 4 times and I still don't understand his point other than US bad....
It maybe he is advocating that the US go back to being the worlds police but then he complains about us doing just that..