Author Topic: Buttigieg on Keystone Pipeline amid Ukraine Invasion: We Don’t Want ‘Permanent Solutions’ to Short T  (Read 306 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg on Keystone Pipeline amid Ukraine Invasion: We Don’t Want ‘Permanent Solutions’ to Short Term Problems

Pam Key 2 Mar 2022

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour” that to combat oil prices skyrocketing amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine, President Joe Biden did not want to authorize the Keystone Pipeline.

According to Buttigieg, it would be “galloping after permanent solutions to immediate short term problems.”

Anchor Stephanie Ruhle said, “I want to stay on gas for another moment. You’re absolutely right, the president does not set the price of gas, but he can influence it. And while releasing some strategic reserves matters, given how much has been released, it is really just a drop in the bucket. Are there things, and I realize this is controversial, it has huge environmental impacts, could the president possibly consider authorizing the Keystone Pipeline? Or working something out with Iran?”

Buttigieg said, “Look, the president has said that all options are on the table. But we also need to make sure that we are not galloping after permanent solutions to immediate short term problems, where more strategic and tactical actions in the short term that can make a difference, like what you have with the strategic reserve, which exists partly in order to respond to situations like this.”

He added, “The president has laid policies that are going help cushion the impacts of any volatility in energy markets in the future by building up more of a diversified and homegrown energy base for this country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/02/buttigieg-on-keystone-pipeline-amid-ukraine-invasion-we-dont-want-permanent-solutions-to-short-term-problems/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And the fool believes solar and EVs is a permanent solution?

God help us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The President says all options are open, and how many times has the President lied to us to get us in the mess we are in?  Is opening the pipeline and Federal land oil deposits to make America energy independent again, you know darn well those 'options' biden would rather die first.
We don't want permanent is; we don't want real solutions.  Addiction to Russian oil and dependency that Biden orchestrated is so much better!
 ****slapping :tongue2: 22222frying pan
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 06:02:17 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Democrats are incapable of actually solving problems.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

Democrats create problems and then pretend to solve them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Democrats create problems and then pretend to solve them.
Exactly. And then the problems have to exist forever, in order not to let a crisis go to waste.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

LOL! No bureaucrat has any intention to EVER solve the problem they were hired to solve. They are never going to put themselves out of work.

Their interest is in exacerbating problems, not fixing them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

So what does the secretary of transportation, part time chest feeder, know about energy?
He needs to focus on transportation.....

Offline mountaineer

He knows nothing about transportation, either.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I would like a permanent solution to the temporary problem that is Buttboy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

So he's comparing boosting oil production to suicide?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Too bad he is a pretty boy rump ranger.
Buttguy and Kamala are a perfect match.
They are both incompetent morons with the brain of two 8 year olds.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So he's comparing boosting oil production to suicide?

I wondered that too.  Goodbye cruel world!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People are becoming concerned that blindly following Satans Pied Piper might not end up well.  With denials for so long, its a little late in the game,or exceedingly late in the game to be concerned now, isn't it?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Short term problems are only short term because some finds a permanent fix.

Temporary problems without solutions are long-term problems.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Meanwhile, Buttigieg's buttboy is busy grooming young homosexuals with a disgusting take on the pledge of allegiance:

https://twitter.com/LogCabinRVA/status/1501741129808728069