Author Topic: Trump's Truth Social gets off to a rocky start  (Read 641 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's Truth Social gets off to a rocky start
« on: March 09, 2022, 02:38:39 pm »
Trump's Truth Social gets off to a rocky start
By Chris Mills Rodrigo and Rebecca Klar - 03/09/22 07:44 AM EST

Former President Trump’s platform Truth Social has made little impact on the social media market roughly two weeks after launching on the Apple app store, with hundreds of thousands of potential users stuck on a lengthy waitlist.

The nascent social media platform initially roared onto the scene, capturing the top spot for free downloads on the Apple app store market. But after less than 20 days, Truth Social finds itself far down the list at 116, right between the app for DoorDash drivers and a game in which a genie guesses internet celebrities.

The explanation for the precipitous drop is fairly straightforward: The app has been inaccessible for most users, while the ones who have been admitted have had little to be excited about.

Trump Media & Technology Group CEO Devin Nunes did previously caution that the app would not be “fully functional” until the end of March.

But the platform’s rocky start cannot be wholly dismissed and is likely indicative of problems to come.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/597413-trumps-truth-social-gets-off-to-a-rocky-start
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Trump's Truth Social gets off to a rocky start
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 02:57:29 pm »
If he can't even run a chat room......

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 03:03:15 pm »
The question is:  How substantially is the platform being attacked by hackers, and being the subject of denial-of-service attacks?  If the platform is under constant attack, it's no surprise the rollout would be slower than if it were not.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 03:45:18 pm »
It was a big mistake only rolling it out only for iPhones.  Should have started with Androids.  Leftists are the primary users of Apple products.  Yes, I know:  Exceptions.  But still....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 04:27:16 pm »
Not really to do with Truth Social, but I have been bombarded by texts to support Trump financially and some of the wording in the texts are very aggressive; i.e., why are you ignoring us we have contacted you 'x' amount of times....

I have blocked several numbers -- this isn't the way to get larger financial participation or support it is in fact a turn off.

Since I am not a registered Republican anymore, I also get solicited for DEM candidates.

It has become ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:30:33 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 04:41:57 pm »
Not really to do with Truth Social, but I have been bombarded by texts to support Trump financially and some of the wording in the texts are very aggressive; i.e., why are you ignoring us we have contacted you 'x' amount of times....

I have blocked several numbers -- this isn't the way to get larger financial participation or support it is in fact a turn off.

Since I am not a registered Republican anymore, I also get solicited for DEM candidates.

It has become ridiculous.

I'm getting those from the Rats too. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 05:08:36 pm »
Too bad Nunes quit his day job...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34