Author Topic: White House dubs rising gas prices a 'Putin spike'  (Read 691 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House dubs rising gas prices a 'Putin spike'
« on: March 08, 2022, 08:58:26 pm »
White House dubs rising gas prices a 'Putin spike'
By Brett Samuels - 03/08/22 02:42 PM EST

The White House is seeking to pin the blame for high gas prices in the United States on a new target: Russian President Vladimir Putin.

President Biden and White House officials this week have increasingly argued that Putin's invasion of Ukraine is the cause of higher prices at the pump, an argument they reiterated after the administration on Tuesday banned imports of Russian oil.

"The decision today is not without cost here at home. Putin’s war is already hurting American families at the gas pump," Biden said when announcing the ban, vowing to take steps to "minimize Putin’s price hike here at home."

Hours later, White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force one that Americans were facing a spike in gas prices "because of the actions of President Putin."

"This is a Putin spike at the gas pump, not one prompted by our sanctions," she said.

Psaki said gas prices have increased across the United States by an average of 75 cents since earlier this year when Russian military forces lined up at the Ukrainian border, and those prices have only surged in the nearly three weeks since Russia launched its invasion.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/597367-white-house-dubs-rising-gas-prices-a-putin-spike
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: White House dubs rising gas prices a 'Putin spike'
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 09:00:01 pm »
Ya well, nice try. Gas prices began to skyrocket long before Putin invaded Ukraine.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:01:08 pm »
Putin has nothing to do with gas prices in the US. This is all Traitor Joe's fault.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 09:07:20 pm »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 09:07:46 pm »
Last I checked, Putin wasn't President of Texas.

#FrackForFreedom
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 09:13:27 pm »
I see Joe has bought into the "MY truth" nonsense.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 09:42:57 pm »
Last I checked, Putin wasn't President of Texas.

#FrackForFreedom

Wish we could 'step out of the shower'.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 09:45:36 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2022, 10:06:58 pm »
This will morph into “Putin’s food price spikes.”

And when that fails, it will morph into “Putin‘s housing and rent price spikes.”

And when that fails, it will morph into “Putin‘s inner-city crime spikes.”

And when that fails, it will morph into “Putin’s border crisis illegal immigration spikes.”

And when that fails, you get the picture
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 10:44:27 pm »
Biden was Putin's number one cheerleader to invade Ukraine.
Biden was asking Putin, What is the holdup?
Do it. Do it!

Biden's puppeteers needed to take the heat off themselves.
Now ... everything is because of the war. A war they were praying for.

Just like the so called COVID, Democrats will make this war go on as long as they possibly can.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 11:23:36 pm »

Compared to the $5.159 I paid today, crazy as it sounds that $4.24 on that chart would be sweet.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 11:40:20 pm »
Compared to the $5.159 I paid today, crazy as it sounds that $4.24 on that chart would be sweet.

I drove to the dentist this morning passing a station that had it for $3.99.  When I passed again on the return, it was $4.29.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2022, 11:45:30 pm »
This is very bad

How long before we start seeing “Bidenville’s” pop up?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2022, 11:58:39 pm »
This is very bad

How long before we start seeing “Bidenville’s” pop up?
Revive the eviction moratorium! That'll fix it! /sarc
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 01:23:53 am »
Hoodat:
"I drove to the dentist this morning passing a station that had it for $3.99.  When I passed again on the return, it was $4.29."

OK, here's another "Fishrrman off-the-wall" prediction.

Gas prices are (of course) going to keep rising up, up, up into the future (that's not the prediction).

This is going to quickly get worse when Russian petroleum imports are banned.

And of course, prices will continue to rise.
$9 gas?
$10 gas?
$12 gas?
The sky is going to become the limit.

The administration will have to respond somehow (and my prediction is HOW they will respond).

Since prices are naturally driven upwards by demand chasing the reduced supply line, the administration will take steps TO REDUCE DEMAND, with the goal of easing the supply/demand "imbalance".

How will they accomplish this?
GAS RATIONING.
By limiting how much can be bought at once, perhaps even-odd days again, etc.

Their rationale will become that because demand is being reduced, prices should also drop as a result.

And... if prices aren't lowered (by retailers, petroleum companies, etc.)... the administration will then claim that there's "gouging" going on and go after the businesses.

As I said... an "off-the-wall" prediction.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 02:19:53 am »
So the scapegoat blame has now officially changed from Trump to Putin?  We can't have any blame stick to his holiness biden, can we ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 06:22:17 am »
So the scapegoat blame has now officially changed from Trump to Putin?  We can't have any blame stick to his holiness biden, can we ?
Nope. Traitor Joe is still to blame.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 02:18:01 pm »
How will they accomplish this?
GAS RATIONING.
By limiting how much can be bought at once, perhaps even-odd days again, etc.

Their rationale will become that because demand is being reduced, prices should also drop as a result.

And... if prices aren't lowered (by retailers, petroleum companies, etc.)... the administration will then claim that there's "gouging" going on and go after the businesses.

As I said... an "off-the-wall" prediction.

Before they are able to ration gas, they will first have to create a shortage.  The only way to do that is to implement price controls.  And in order for them to gain (irrational) public support for price controls, they would first have to drive up the price (which they are doing now).  So look for more talk of price gouging and calls for the government to 'do something' to prevent retailers from charging too much.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2022, 03:46:35 pm »

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 03:47:51 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 03:53:57 pm »
Before they are able to ration gas, they will first have to create a shortage.  The only way to do that is to implement price controls.  And in order for them to gain (irrational) public support for price controls, they would first have to drive up the price (which they are doing now).  So look for more talk of price gouging and calls for the government to 'do something' to prevent retailers from charging too much.

:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 04:40:38 pm »
So look for more talk of price gouging and calls for the government to 'do something' to prevent retailers from charging too much.

Already going on:  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,463866.0.html
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2022, 05:03:53 pm »
Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

Trump in 2020: "If Biden got in, you'd be paying $7, $8, $9. Then they'd say 'get rid of your car!'"

6:51 AM · Mar 9, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2022, 08:56:55 pm »

As long as there are plenty of stooges giving Biden cover to get away with anything and everything, (He just doesn't know any better)Biden will proceed  without hesitation.  It's blame, not to just Biden, his minions do their part. Those Biden chooses to blame shift are usually not those at fault.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2022, 09:00:13 pm »