Author Topic: Hoyer says Russian gas ban is worth political cost  (Read 403 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoyer says Russian gas ban is worth political cost
« on: March 09, 2022, 12:21:04 am »
By Mike Lillis - 03/08/22 06:51 PM EST

Democrats pressing ahead with the ban on Russian fuel imports are quietly wary of the political blowback sure to follow if domestic gas prices increase, which is likely, and Republicans blame President Biden for the rise, which is certain.

Yet despite the risks heading into November's midterm elections, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that the more important consideration is helping Ukraine defend itself from an unprovoked Russian assault that's already killed hundreds of civilians and aims to topple the government in Kyiv.

"Yes, our majority is on the line," Hoyer told reporters on a press call. "But what's on the line, really, is freedom, sovereignty, the world that operates consistent with international law."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/597426-hoyer-says-gas-ban-is-worth-political-cost
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Hoyer says Russian gas ban is worth political cost
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 02:22:12 am »
Democrats mostly don't care about political costs,and they hide in their gated communities, bunkers, and fortify government buildings to be safe from the public/peasants they so despise.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 02:23:11 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 02:29:30 am »
Well, Stenny, I hope you lose your seat over this. That would be real political cost.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 02:31:30 am »
I really hate my government.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 03:40:34 am »

What political cost?  You wouldn't be doing this if you thought there was nothing to gain politically from it.  You needed to take the heat off the Democrats for high gas prices, and this was the ticket.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 03:42:08 am »
Well, Stenny, I hope you lose your seat over this. That would be real political cost.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Steny with Pelosi gone.  She's the only reason he's #2 in Dem leadership.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 06:42:45 am »
Democrats are using the oil crisis shortage Biden created with Putins assistance to destroy Americas Middle Class, Tucker Carlson was quite right about this.  Communists have acknowledged that to overthrow a foreign government it is necessary to destroy a nations Middle Class/Working Class.  We are watching just that in real time, as it happens.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 08:55:25 am »
Democrats are using the oil crisis shortage Biden created with Putins assistance to destroy Americas Middle Class, Tucker Carlson was quite right about this.  Communists have acknowledged that to overthrow a foreign government it is necessary to destroy a nations Middle Class/Working Class.  We are watching just that in real time, as it happens.
I agree. Having a two class system of proles and elites is the Global Communist way. May Almighty God thwart their every move.

Then that punk Biden had the audacity to say his administration's policies had no effect on production.

WRONG!

As oil is produced, the production from any given well declines. That decline curve is only compensated for by bringing new wells on line, which requires drilling them first, which requires permits first, which requires leases to the rights to drill first, which the Government shut down for over half of the land west of the Mississippi and offshore Gulf of Mexico AND all of ANWR.

Lie some more Sniffy Joe, I'm losing count.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 10:48:00 am »
I agree. Having a two class system of proles and elites is the Global Communist way. May Almighty God thwart their every move.

Then that punk Biden had the audacity to say his administration's policies had no effect on production.

WRONG!

As oil is produced, the production from any given well declines. That decline curve is only compensated for by bringing new wells on line, which requires drilling them first, which requires permits first, which requires leases to the rights to drill first, which the Government shut down for over half of the land west of the Mississippi and offshore Gulf of Mexico AND all of ANWR.

Lie some more Sniffy Joe, I'm losing count.
:thumbsup:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 01:59:08 pm »

WRONG!

Biden campaigned on eliminating fossil fuels, saying he was going to put us on an "irreversible path".  Not sure why he wants to deny it now.

Offline christian

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 06:08:33 pm »
Election is nearing, time to lie directly to fools and tell them what to think...and they will!.  It's how we got Biden.
 :smokin: :reaper: :smokin: