Author Topic: A death cross for the S&ampP 500 is nearing as inflation fears, Russia’s Ukraine offensive rattles sto  (Read 223 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
A death cross for the S&P 500 is nearing as inflation fears, Russia’s Ukraine offensive rattles stock-market investors

The Dow and Nasdaq Composite have already produced death cross patterns

The S&P 500 index is closing in on a death cross, an ominous chart pattern that underscores the downtrend suffered in an asset.

A death cross appears when the 50-day moving average crosses below the 200-day moving average, an event that many chart watchers view as marking the spot a shorter-term correction morphs into a longer-term downtrend.

At last check, the S&P 500 index SPX, -0.38% was trading down 0.6%, with its 50-day moving average at 4,508.56 and its 200-day at 4,466.34, a differential of 42.22 points, which it could possibly breach by next week at the current pace of decline.
FactSet, MarketWatch

The approach of a death cross for the broad-market benchmark comes as the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.28% saw a death cross materialize (the 50-day at 34,990.79 fell below the 200-day MA at 35,008.55) in Tuesday trade, with Monday’s nearly 800-point tumble likely hastening that bearish cross. ..............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-death-cross-for-the-s-p-500-is-nearing-as-inflation-fears-russias-ukraine-offensive-rattles-stock-market-investors-11646757522?mod=home-page
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.