Author Topic: California Reparations Committee Can’t Figure Out Who Qualifies  (Read 882 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Reparations Committee Can’t Figure Out Who Qualifies

Joel B. Pollak 7 Mar 2022

California’s state panel on “reparations” for slavery postponed a decision on who should qualify for compensation — whether only the descendants of slaves, or all people of color, based on the idea that the United States suffers from “systemic racism.”

As Breitbart News reported in 2020, the Golden State, which entered the Union in 1850 as a free state, decided to set up a committee to study reparations in the wake of national protests and riots over the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

When the Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans launched in 2021, one member claimed that black Americans were treated as badly in California as they were in the South in the years after the Civil War.

However, the question of who should qualify for reparations remained unanswered as the committee began. “California Secretary of State Shirley Weber has told the reparations task force to prioritize residents descended from enslaved people so the ambitious effort remains manageable,” the San Francisco Chronicle reported on Sunday. “But the focus could potentially exclude many Black residents navigating systemic racism deeply embedded within American society [sic].”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/07/california-reparations-committee-cant-figure-out-who-qualifies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: California Reparations Committee Can’t Figure Out Who Qualifies
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 02:43:20 pm »
It's all a charade, and even more so if the trillions of dollars in social welfare that have gone to blacks in the last 60 years are not also taken into account.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 06:11:28 pm »
They'll just throw in the towel and approve everybody's application that comes through the door, taxpayers be damned.  It's Cali.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 06:15:52 pm »
They'll just throw in the towel and approve everybody's application that comes through the door, taxpayers be damned.  It's Cali.

What if I just identify as black?  Will that be sufficient?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 08:24:44 pm »

What if I just identify as black?  Will that be sufficient?

Yes, just like Talcum X.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 09:51:54 pm »
How Black is "Black"?

100%?
50%?
25%?
12.5%?
6.25%?
3.125%?

If you can "go up nawth an' pass" do you still get money?

What an effing scam.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 10:00:54 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 10:20:28 pm »
I didn't know California had slaves.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 12:53:26 am »
I didn't know California had slaves.
they are the citizens who don't vote for Democrats
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington