Author Topic: Pence condemns Republican Putin 'apologists' in speech to RNC donors  (Read 358 times)

Offline libertybele

Pence feels he's a contender for '24.  I will abstain from voting should he become the GOP nominee.  Would he be so bold as to run against Trump??

Pence condemns Republican Putin 'apologists' in speech to RNC donors

Former Vice President Mike Pence on Friday condemned Republican "apologists" who have used positive language to describe Russian President Vladimir Putin amid his invasion of Ukraine, according to a source who was in the room as Pence spoke to top GOP donors.
"There is no room in this party for apologists for Putin. There is only room for champions of freedom," Pence said. The line received applause from donors who were gathered for a Republican National Committee retreat in New Orleans, the source said. The event was closed to the press.

Pence's speech came just days after former President Donald Trump described Putin as "genius" and "savvy" for launching a full-scale invasion in Ukraine, where civilian casualties continue to pile up despite global condemnation of the Russian leader's actions.

According to his prepared remarks, which the source said he did not deviate from Friday, Pence called on the Biden administration to take stronger actions against Russia, including sanctions on the country's oil exports.

"Putin only understands strength. As members of the party that won the Cold War, we must send a deafening message: Putin must stop or Putin must pay," Pence said.

"We must demand this administration increases military spending immediately, (arms) Ukraine with lethal weapons to counter Russian armor and aircraft and President (Joe) Biden should sanction all Russian oil exports worldwide," Pence said..........

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/04/politics/mike-pence-republican-putin-rnc/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

Re: Pence condemns Republican Putin 'apologists' in speech to RNC donors
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 11:27:26 pm »
If Pence were a shower.......

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 11:35:06 pm »
Sad, sick, pandering on his part. There ARE no Putin apologists in the Republican party...its almost as if he's trying to play into the Hillary Clinton lie that Russians colluded with President Trump. I used to think Pence was a good man, but I'm done with this clown now. He's weak, has no integrity, and he needs to just fade away.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 11:35:28 pm »
So pence is mad at Trump and wants to get attention.
Gutless pence would not even stand tall and ask for a verification of votes, he just caved and now he is going to tell us he know how to put putin back in the box.... go away pence, you are done..

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 05:44:00 am »
Sad, sick, pandering on his part. There ARE no Putin apologists in the Republican party...its almost as if he's trying to play into the Hillary Clinton lie that Russians colluded with President Trump. I used to think Pence was a good man, but I'm done with this clown now. He's weak, has no integrity, and he needs to just fade away.
So sad, he must take his cues from Lizard Cheney. I'm surprised he thinks anybody other than a RINO will bite on his line of *rap.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 05:08:23 pm »
If Pence were a shower.......

@rustynail

Are they  SURE it was Pence,and not a double?

It sure doesn't sound like him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 06:45:15 pm »
Pence who?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 06:47:43 pm »
Perhaps Mr. Pence could identify a few of these alleged apologists for us?