Author Topic: Chinese official reports winter wheat harvest ‘worst in history’  (Read 217 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Chinese official reports winter wheat harvest ‘worst in history’

China’s agriculture minister reported over the weekend that the recent winter wheat harvest could be the “worst in history,” providing further justification to buy from Russia.

Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Tang Renjian said rare heavy rainfall last year delayed the planting of about one-third the normal wheat supply, leading to a roughly 20% shortage in crop yield.

The war between Russia and Ukraine, which together produce roughly 29% of global wheat exports, had already pushed wheat prices to an incredible 14-year high.

The shortage could create food security issues for China, driving it to buy wheat from Russia. The two countries worked out a deal on Feb. 24 that allowed China to import wheat from all regions of Russia, which could provide Russia with greater funds for its war and further relief from devastating sanctions on its economy.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Posted by Peter Aitken

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-3-6-2022
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Chinese official reports winter wheat harvest ‘worst in history’
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 05:30:32 pm »
Sucks for others but maybe our farmers will see some benefit from all this SHTF going on, Lord knows the rest of us will be paying extra too for bread and more.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 05:31:48 pm by GtHawk »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 08:45:02 pm »
Food for oil 2021 version..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 08:49:48 pm »
I sense arrests and public executions in China in the very near future.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 08:51:43 pm »
Sucks for others but maybe our farmers will see some benefit from all this SHTF going on, Lord knows the rest of us will be paying extra too for bread and more.

Really no reason too -- the U.S. is one of the largest producers of wheat/grain in the world!

I'm already paying $4.00+ for a half way decent tasting bread without a lot of preservatives.

I've never made wheat bread, but bought some whole wheat flour the other day -- it's time I give it a try. I make some decent whole wheat waffles -- so --- I'm thinking if all else fails, maybe using waffles to make sandwiches??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.