Author Topic: Harris to walk across Edmund Pettus Bridge on Bloody Sunday anniversary  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Harris to walk across Edmund Pettus Bridge on Bloody Sunday anniversary
By Maegan Vazquez, CNN - 2h ago

Vice President Kamala Harris will travel to Selma, Alabama, on Sunday, where she will walk across the Edmund Pettus Bridge to mark the 57th anniversary of Bloody Sunday, a key moment in the civil rights moment.

Bloody Sunday commemorates when, in 1965, 600 people began a march from Selma, Alabama, to Montgomery, Alabama, demanding an end to discrimination in voter registration. At the Edmund Pettus Bridge, state and local lawmen attacked the marchers with billy clubs and tear gas, driving them back to Selma. Seventeen people were hospitalized and dozens were more injured by police.

The vice president will also meet with civil rights leaders and deliver remarks while in Alabama, according to the White House. She will be joined by Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Marcia Fudge, Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Michael Regan, and Deputy Secretary of Veteran Affairs Donald Remy.

Harris, who is the first Black and first South Asian woman to hold the vice presidency, has attended previous anniversary events in Selma.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/harris-to-walk-across-edmund-pettus-bridge-on-bloody-sunday-anniversary/ar-AAUGrkD?ocid=BingNewsSearch
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Harris, who is the first Black and first South Asian woman

Uh, yeah.  No.

Offline Killer Clouds

As bad as Traitor Joe is, God help us when Kamelass takes over.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Nothing like the descendant of slave owners and a member of the slave owners and KKK party taking in part in an event involving civil rights. **nononono*

Offline EdinVA

I thought she was going to go fix Europe... what happened?  She get tossed of AF2?

Offline mountaineer

I thought she was going to go fix Europe... what happened?  She get tossed of AF2?
Exactly. I thought she had left for Europe to convince Pootin' to stop being a meanie. She's still here? Gee, maybe the administration doesn't want the Ukraine war to end, after all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online berdie

Exactly. I thought she had left for Europe to convince Pootin' to stop being a meanie. She's still here? Gee, maybe the administration doesn't want the Ukraine war to end, after all.

Or maybe they are afraid she will seal the deal on the start of WWIII. Her cackling could have unintended consequences.lol

Online Hoodat

The Selma march was a protest against Democrats and their policies.  I hope Harris understands that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

The Selma march was a protest against Democrats and their policies.  I hope Harris understands that.

All she understands is the cameras and microphones...

Offline Killer Clouds

Or maybe they are afraid she will seal the deal on the start of WWIII. Her cackling could have unintended consequences.lol
Seal the deal means something else to Kamelass. She needs her knee pads to do that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Harris to walk across Edmund Pettus Bridge on Bloody Sunday anniversary
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 01:10:10 am »
Vice President Kamala Harris
@VP
United States government official

Those who marched in Selma, marched for the freedom to vote and all the rights and freedoms that voting unlocks: economic justice, social justice, racial justice. We must do the same
7:14 PM · Mar 6, 2022·Twitter Web App