Author Topic: Since 2014 13,000-14,000 have been killed in Donbass — Putin  (Read 240 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Since 2014 13,000-14,000 have been killed in Donbass — Putin

The Russian leader believes what is particularly intolerable is the so-called civilized West has preferred not to notice this for eight years.

MOSCOW, March 5. /TASS/. Up to 14,000 civilians in the Donetsk and Lugansk republics have been killed since 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday.

"What I am going to say may sound harsh. Yet the situation forces me to say aloud what has just occurred to me. As you may have heard, stray dogs these days begin to attack people in various regions. Some get injured. There have even been lethal cases," Putin said.

At as certain point, people "begin to poison and shoot these animals." He made a reservation that even the stray dogs were a separate problem and "the local authorities are obliged to address it."

"Now listen to this: the Donbass people are NOT stray dogs! Yet, 13,000-14,000 of them have been killed there over years. More than 500 children have been killed or crippled," Putin said.

He believes what is particularly intolerable is the so-called civilized West has preferred not to notice this for eight years.

"Moreover, the authorities in Kiev began to say outright lately that they are not going to implement these agreements (Minsk-2 - TASS). They have been saying so all along on TV and on the Internet - everywhere! They state in public: "We don’t like it, we won’t do it," Putin explained...................

https://tass.com/politics/1417543
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Since 2014 13,000-14,000 have been killed in Donbass — Putin
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 09:30:33 pm »
That was an internal Ukraine matter, and those stray dogs attacked first.  That does not justify Mad-dog Putin's invasion of another equal sovereign nation.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 09:35:06 pm »
That was an internal Ukraine matter, and those stray dogs attacked first.  That does not justify Mad-dog Putin's invasion of another equal sovereign nation.

Regardless, Putin is reacting to someone or some situation where he felt cornered and provoked. Just my opinion. Not saying that he is right, but there's a reason for him to rise up like this suddenly.  I doubt the U.S. (leadership) is innocent in all of this.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 09:39:24 pm »
Regardless, Putin is reacting to someone or some situation where he felt cornered and provoked. Just my opinion. Not saying that he is right, but there's a reason for him to rise up like this suddenly.  I doubt the U.S. (leadership) is innocent in all of this.

I doubt it.  He's reacting to the perceived weakness of the U.S. right now because of Bidet's weak presidency, and thought now would be a good time to start his long-desired dream of getting the Russian empire back together.

His invasion of Ukraine has about as much justification as Hitler's invasion of the Sudetenland did:  Lebensraum.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 09:41:52 pm by Kamaji »