Author Topic: Larry O'Connor: '13 of Them'  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Larry O'Connor: '13 of Them'
« on: March 05, 2022, 04:23:17 pm »
'13 of Them'
Larry O'Connor

Posted: Mar 04, 2022 3:00 PM

I know I am supposed to be morally outraged and offended at Rep. Lauren Boebert for shouting out at President Joe Biden during this week's State of the Union Address. I know this is expected of me because my moral and intellectual superiors on "Morning Joe" and "The View" have demanded indignation from me over this mortal political sin.

However, in the grand scheme of things, I'm having trouble working much anger up over the freshman congresswoman from Colorado uttering the only acknowledgment of the deaths of 13 brave American service members less than six months ago while they were following the reckless and ill-planned orders of the very Commander-in-Chief who was delivering the barely-coherent speech in the chamber of the House of Representatives.

Oh, I know, I know... "Decorum!" they shout at me. "Respect for the office!" they bellow from their climate-controlled television studios in Manhattan.

I'm sorry, but it's kind of hard for me to muster up grave concern and pearl-clutching shock over a first-term congresswoman "breaking decorum" in the House Chamber with an off-camera, un-amplified statement from her seat on the backbenches while we saw the image of the Speaker of the House of Representatives literally tear up the individual sheets of paper of President Donald Trump's State of the Union speech, on camera, in full display and in complete defiance of the man the office and the constitutionally mandated tradition of the State of the Union address itself.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/larryoconnor/2022/03/04/13-of-them-n2604150
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Larry O'Connor: '13 of Them'
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 04:28:57 pm »
Agreed.  And said as much the day before Biden's SOTU.

We need the chamber to be more like Britain's Parliament, where somebody might go home with a split lip.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 06:22:36 pm »
Marjorie Taylor Greene was also criticized for shouting out "Build the Wall" when Biden was lying about supporting stronger border security.  When confronted about it, Greene responded that there was a time when Congress was more like the UK Parliament where lively debate was encouraged.  She also said that Biden belonged in an Assisted Living facility.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 09:06:39 pm »
Agreed.  And said as much the day before Biden's SOTU.

We need the chamber to be more like Britain's Parliament, where somebody might go home with a split lip.   :laugh:

:thumbsup: