Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces bill to 'restore American energy independence’  (Read 299 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ted Cruz introduces bill to 'restore American energy independence’

Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas introduced a bill to "restore American energy independence" amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine that is hitting the energy sector hard.

Cruz announced on Friday his new bill, the Energy Freedom Act, in a press release in which he blasted President Biden for having led America to lose our "status as a net petroleum exporter" with his energy sector executive orders.

"These policies have poured billions of dollars into countries such as Russia and Iran, which use those funds to attack our allies and undermine the national security of America," Cruz said in his release............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ted-cruz-bill-restore-american-energy-independence
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Ted Cruz introduces bill to 'restore American energy independence’
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 08:54:52 pm »
The only way this passes the House is f
If Nancy tacks on a windfall profits tax onto oil companies
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 08:58:14 pm »
The only way this passes the House is f
If Nancy tacks on a windfall profits tax onto oil companies

Let the DEMS continue to be responsible for high energy/gas prices!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 09:16:15 pm »
Let the DEMS continue to be responsible for high energy/gas prices!
Of course they are responsible but you are not considering the political moves the Dems will deploy.

First is to permit drilling on federal lands and promise to reconsider pipelines.

Then the approval slow-walk so nothing gets done.

Then the cry from Dems that oil companies are making lots of money but not spending it to up production.

So then comes the Windfall Profits tax to punish oil companies' greed.

See how it works?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 09:17:31 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 09:23:35 pm »
Of course they are responsible but you are not considering the political moves the Dems will deploy.

First is to permit drilling on federal lands and promise to reconsider pipelines.

Then the cry from Dems that oil companies are making lots of money but not spending it to up production.

See how it works?

Bottom line -- Under Trump we were energy independent.  Joe put an end to that and we now have skyrocketing gas prices.

There's no denying that.  I don't believe people are that stupid that they don't see it.  When it hits the wallets of Americans they tend to pay attention to things.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 09:26:09 pm »

Bottom line -- Under Trump we were energy independent.  Joe put an end to that and we now have skyrocketing gas prices.

There's no denying that.  I don't believe people are that stupid that they don't see it.  When it hits the wallets of Americans they tend to pay attention to things.
We can only hope.

But we have Joe as Potus and Nancy as Speaker so do not underestimate the naivete of Americans who voted for them.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 09:28:36 pm »
We can only hope.

But we have Joe as Potus and Nancy as Speaker so do not underestimate the naivete of Americans who voted for them.

Nor do I underestimate the evilness, underhandedness and corruption of the DEMS.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 10:56:48 pm »
Every GOP Congessman should be on board with this.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 11:47:57 pm »
With democrat in office and Biden/Putin running this nation.....'restore American energy independence’ !
WHEN..... :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :happyhappy:

Looking around the net, as democrat-liberals have fought like hell to deny America safe and abundant Nuclear plant  energy-electricity.  The democrats have denied America abundant electricity, and wind generators are a joke/farce.  Their buddies World communist look to have more than a 100 nuclear plants going, and with an aggressive military look to gain many more.
Isn't that just too bad, too little energy for America and the western nations?  All it took was the democrat/World Communism alliance and their gods Soros, Putin, Biden.  Ain't some gods you worship-justify a beoch?  God having been run out of the Country, who's gonna save us from these corrupt pseudo gods with feet of clay?

How did America get such dwindling energy sources, while communist nations leaped forward and past America?  It was the democrats that appointed Energy Czars and poof, America became depend on foreigners of adequate energy to import while our energy sources were refused to keep up with demand, even ended like coal.  then we have been hostage to energy crisis after energy crisis to justify higher prices the empowered world Communism and Islam profited by.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 12:18:44 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 01:13:16 am »
Ted Cruz calls for American energy independence in proposed legislation

Republican Senator from Texas Ted Cruz has introduced a bill to restore American energy independence as the global energy sector experiences ongoing difficulties in the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Fox Business reported that Cruz announced the “Energy Freedom Act” in a Friday press release that he also used to criticize President Joe Biden for allowing America to fall behind on its ability to export fuel.

Cruz said that the Biden administration has caused America to lose its “status as a net petroleum exporter.”

In the press release, Cruz said, “These policies have poured billions of dollars into countries such as Russia and Iran, which use those funds to attack our allies and undermine the national security of America.”

“President Biden has imposed more restrictions on U.S. oil companies than he has on Russian oil,” Cruz said, “With Iran, he has looked the other way as the regime busted through sanctions and raised their exports to more than one million barrels per day for the first time in almost three years.”..............

https://www.conservativereview.com/ted-cruz-calls-for-american-energy-independence-in-proposed-legislation-2656855389.html

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 03:12:02 pm »

See how it works?
And there it is, right on schedule

Democrats Target Oil Companies With Plan to Tax Windfall Profits
 Senators Sheldon Whitehouse and Elizabeth Warren say they’re working on a proposed new tax targeting profits being reaped by oil companies as crude prices spike amid geopolitical tensions.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-targets-oil-companies-plan-184515031.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 03:17:07 pm »
And there it is, right on schedule

Good Lord.  They are so predictable.

History of the Carter Oil Windfall Profit Tax:  http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/readings.nsf/cf7c9c870b600b9585256df80075b9dd/edf8de04e58e4b14852570ba0048848b

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 03:38:21 pm »
With democrat in office and Biden/Putin running this nation.....'restore American energy independence’ !
WHEN..... :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :happyhappy:

Looking around the net, as democrat-liberals have fought like hell to deny America safe and abundant Nuclear plant  energy-electricity.  The democrats have denied America abundant electricity, and wind generators are a joke/farce.  Their buddies World communist look to have more than a 100 nuclear plants going, and with an aggressive military look to gain many more.
Isn't that just too bad, too little energy for America and the western nations?  All it took was the democrat/World Communism alliance and their gods Soros, Putin, Biden.  Ain't some gods you worship-justify a beoch?  God having been run out of the Country, who's gonna save us from these corrupt pseudo gods with feet of clay?

How did America get such dwindling energy sources, while communist nations leaped forward and past America?  It was the democrats that appointed Energy Czars and poof, America became depend on foreigners of adequate energy to import while our energy sources were refused to keep up with demand, even ended like coal.  then we have been hostage to energy crisis after energy crisis to justify higher prices the empowered world Communism and Islam profited by.

Perhaps, rather than playing the blame game -- call your Senators and demand that they get behind this bill.

Until we hold our representatives responsible, things will never change.

Again, we were energy independent before Joe took office -- it can be done.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 05:51:00 pm »
The 'blame game' and demonizing the innocent is part of how we got in this mess.  The Commie enviro-nazis have practiced such for many decades, quite successfully.  I want to see them eat it, as they have been force feeding us to for so long.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions