Author Topic: No, the US Air Force isn’t going to give Ukraine its A-10 Warthogs  (Read 182 times)

rebewranger

No, the US Air Force isn’t going to give Ukraine its A-10 Warthogs

Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall said he's "not aware of any current plan, or even any discussion of a current plan to field or provide A-10s to the Ukrainians."
By   VALERIE INSINNA
on March 03, 2022 at 4:08 PM

AFA AIR WARFARE SYMPOSIUM: Despite calls from former US defense officials for the Air Force to transfer some of its A-10 Warthog attack aircraft to Ukraine, there are no current plans for the service to give up its tank-busting planes, the Air Force’s top leaders said today.

“I’m not aware of any current plan, or even any discussion of a current plan to field or provide A-10s to the Ukrainians,” Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall said during a roundtable with reporters today at the Air Force Association’s Air Warfare Symposium.

Asked during a later roundtable, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. CQ Brown gave a similar answer.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/03/no-the-us-air-force-isnt-going-to-give-ukraine-its-a-10-warthogs/

Offline Kamaji

Re: No, the US Air Force isn’t going to give Ukraine its A-10 Warthogs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 02:27:23 pm »
Of course not.  Not the least because it would take more time to train the pilots than it is likely to take for this conflict to be largely resolved.

In general, it takes "230 hours of academic instruction, more than 56 hours of simulator training, and 42 sorties and 88 hours of flight time" to train an A-10 pilot.

Source:  https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Article/586158/the-making-of-an-a-10c-pilot-graduation/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: No, the US Air Force isn’t going to give Ukraine its A-10 Warthogs
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 02:34:47 pm »
Aaaw.  The A-10 Warthogs were designed to be tank killers on the plains and steppes of the Europe.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.