Author Topic: Surgeon general demands Big Tech turn in publishers of COVID 'misinformation'  (Read 530 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND 3/3/2022

Dr. Vivek Murthy says it's 'about protecting the nation’s health'

President Biden’s surgeon general on Thursday demanded that the major social media companies submit detailed information about the COVID-19 "misinformation" on their platforms.

The surgeon general, Dr. Vivek Murthy, wants to know "exactly how many users saw or may have been exposed to instances of Covid-19 misinformation." In his notice, he also asked for aggregate data on demographic groups that may have been disproportionately affected by the misinformation, the New York Times reported.

With a deadline of May 2, Murthy also demanded the Big Tech companies provide information about the major sources of COVID-19 "misinformation," including those selling "unproven" products, services and treatments.

"Technology companies now have the opportunity to be open and transparent with the American people about the misinformation on their platforms," Murthy said in an emailed statement to the Times.

"This is about protecting the nation’s health."

The Times noted that denying a request for information "does not carry a penalty, but the notice represents the first formal request from the Biden administration of the tech companies to submit Covid-19 misinformation data, according to the surgeon general’s office."

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/03/surgeon-general-demands-big-tech-hand-data-covid-misinformation/

Offline EdinVA

The SG does not have any authority over private companies.... I would simply tell him hell no...

Offline roamer_1

The SG does not have any authority over private companies.... I would simply tell him hell no...

I might could be that succinct, but not likely so polite... Two other words spring instantly to mind. Or three...

Offline rustynail

It's over Vivek.

Offline mountaineer

This guy is a moron, both as an administrator and doctor. I wouldn't trust him to remove a splinter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Unfortunately, the Big Tech oligarchs don't share your defiance.

And the ones who aren't so inclined—well, remember what happened when Parler got a little too popular.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Twitter is censoring mention of the study about the Pfizer vaccine going to the liver and converting to DNA, I hear.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

COVID misinformation?  Let's see.  There's the NIH, the CDC, the Democrat Party, Twitter, Facebook, . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Another step on the road to fascism.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Slow creep. Start with so called 'COVID 19 misinformation' (*for the nation's health*, of course...) then easily transition to Ukraine misinformation, Biden misinformation, Trump misinformation, misinformation about the Democrat Party, and on and on and on and on.

Eventually ALL big tech will be nothing more than government (Democrat) controlled publishers pushing government (Democrat) sanctioned official State propaganda. They already are all of this voluntarily, but the Democrats want to formalize the union/partnership between big tech and the Democrat Party.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who the hell does this quack think he is,Caesar?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!