Author Topic: Biden faces bipartisan pressure to ban Russian oil and ramp up U.S. production  (Read 233 times)

Offline libertybele

Biden faces bipartisan pressure to ban Russian oil and ramp up U.S. production

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has driven lawmakers in Washington from both sides of the aisle to demand what energy market strategists just weeks ago considered unimaginable: a ban on Russian energy imports.

An embargo on the hundreds of thousands of barrels of Russian oil that the U.S. receives each day would represent a seismic shift in energy policy, likely causing repercussions for Americans’ fuel costs. Still, the idea has gained major bipartisan support among lawmakers in recent days, stunning energy market strategists as Moscow’s war on Ukraine has caused the globe to ratchet up its response.

“I would have never thought in my entire lifetime that the U.S. government — in any form — would band together on banning Russian oil supplies,” veteran oil strategist Dan Dicker told The Washington Times. “It will have a major impact on prices, and for politicians to take that responsibility against Putin for what he’s doing is one of the greatest and heroic actions of this century.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, on Thursday endorsed banning Russian oil imports. In addition, a bipartisan and bicameral group of lawmakers unveiled an emergency measure that would cease all Russian energy imports.

But the White House remained opposed over concerns that gasoline prices would further rise and that the move would “pad the pockets” of Russian President Vladimir Putin, who could simply sell the oil elsewhere with a higher price tag...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/mar/3/biden-faces-bipartisan-pressure-ban-russian-oil-an/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

This has more to do what’s going to happen in November versus what’s happening currently in Ukraine

If they were to go back to the Trump era energy policy, they would have to admit that Donald Trump and their opposition was right.

They would rather have you spend $20 a gallon for gas than do that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
This has more to do what’s going to happen in November versus what’s happening currently in Ukraine

If they were to go back to the Trump era energy policy, they would have to admit that Donald Trump and their opposition was right.

EXACTLY!

Fools won and payment coming due will be far higher than most realized.  Many will run and hide,it will avail them naught.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Biden can't produce more oil

All he can do is get the Government out of the way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis