Author Topic: Amazing. Every Dem applauds Biden’s call to fund police after spending two years trying to defund th  (Read 102 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amazing. Every Dem applauds Biden’s call to fund police after spending two years trying to defund them
March 2, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

President Joe Biden drew ire from Democrats and Republicans alike during his first State of the Union address, and it was surprisingly on the same issue.

Pivoting off the topic of COVID-19, Biden attempted to transition into a plan for the future that would unite Americans. He brought up the deaths of New York Police Department officers Jason Rivera, 22, and Wilbert Mora, 27, who were killed in the line of duty after being ambushed on a domestic disturbance call.

Biden left out the ambush stating, “They were responding to a 911 call when a man shot and killed them with a stolen gun.” He then discussed measures he believed achieve both “safety and equal justice” like holding “law enforcement accountable” and banning chokeholds.

Touting $350 billion from the American Rescue Plan meant to break “the cycle of violence and trauma,” Biden struck a nerve when he stated, “We should all agree: The answer is not to defund the police. The answer is to fund the police with the resources and training they need to protect our communities.”

Republicans reacted with annoyance to this because it states an obvious reality they have promoted all along. Clay Travis sarcastically welcomed Biden for his revelation.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/02/amazing-every-dem-applauds-bidens-call-to-fund-police-after-spending-two-years-trying-to-defund-them-1207472/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Facts are such messy things, why bring them up?

Offline LMAO

That is one issue is hurting them in the polls

But it’s just an attempt to fool the public. They cannot run away from their own words and actions

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy