Author Topic: Texas Poll: Low Biden approval rate impacting governor’s race  (Read 1082 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Concho Valley by Monica Madden 2/24/2022

New polling ahead of the March 1 primary affirms the likelihood Gov. Greg Abbott and former Congressman Beto O’Rourke will earn the gubernatorial nominations for their party, with the Republican leading the Democrat in a hypothetical matchup.

A Your Local Election Headquarters/The Hill/Emerson College Polling poll taken this week shows both Abbott and O’Rourke are comfortably leading their primary fields, with Abbott polling at 61% and O’Rourke at 82%.

Poll: Paxton at risk of runoff in race for Texas Attorney General, Bush leads challengers

Within the primary field, Abbott faces challenges from several candidates. His most two vocal conservative foes, Allen West and Don Huffines, poll much lower — with West at 12% and Don Huffines at 9%. Another nine percent of GOP primary voters are still undecided.

In a hypothetical race between Abbott and O’Rourke come November, the Republican incumbent leads 52% to 45%.

By gender, the majority of male voters polled say they plan to vote for Abbott over O’Rourke. Amongst female voters, the two candidates are tied. The Democrat enjoys more popularity with younger voters, leading among 18 to 29-year-old voters 51% to 44%. Abbott leads the polls in all other age demographics.

A majority of Texans don’t think President Joe Biden is doing a good job, with 53% disapproving and 39% approving — numbers Abbott’s campaign has tried to take advantage of, with television ads and rhetoric directing at tying his Democratic challenger to the commander-in-chief.

More: https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/news/texas-politics/texas-poll-low-biden-approval-rate-impacting-governors-race/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Texas Poll: Low Biden approval rate impacting governor’s race
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 07:31:08 pm »
Pretty light turnout at my precint this morning.  If this is true elsewhere, it probably favors the incumbents.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 04:36:44 am »
Sam
@SamSullivan·
1h

Per @AP: WASHINGTON (AP) — Greg Abbott wins Republican nomination for governor in Texas primary election.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Beto O’Rourke wins Democratic nomination for governor in Texas primary election.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 06:03:24 am »
I went to vote and the wait for Republicans was 30 minutes.   Democrats could walk right up and get their ballot, LOL!

I was in line and I told the people around me, "Gee I hope I can get done before the State of the Union Address".....Everybody laughed.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 06:05:08 am by dfwgator »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 06:04:16 am »
Pretty light turnout at my precint this morning.  If this is true elsewhere, it probably favors the incumbents.

Pretty heavy Republican turnout where I am at,  I think MAGA voters are the most enthused.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 07:27:50 am »
Pretty heavy Republican turnout where I am at,  I think MAGA voters are the most enthused.

Democrats are rarer than hens teeth in my piney woods locale.  Fact that I  voted at 9 am may had something to do with it.  But I have seen bigger turnouts for primaries before.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 07:28:50 am »

Abbott beat Huffines and West both by over 50 percentage points.   I figured it would be a tad closer than that.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 01:14:13 pm »
May's AG runoff between Jebbie's son George P. Bush and Paxton is going to be a highly watched race and a strong barometer of the level of Trump's influence here in Texas at the mid-terms.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 01:23:34 pm »
Concho Valley by Monica Madden 2/24/2022

New polling ahead of the March 1 primary affirms the likelihood Gov. Greg Abbott and former Congressman Beto O’Rourke will earn the gubernatorial nominations for their party, with the Republican leading the Democrat in a hypothetical matchup.

A Your Local Election Headquarters/The Hill/Emerson College Polling poll taken this week shows both Abbott and O’Rourke are comfortably leading their primary fields, with Abbott polling at 61% and O’Rourke at 82%.

Poll: Paxton at risk of runoff in race for Texas Attorney General, Bush leads challengers

Within the primary field, Abbott faces challenges from several candidates. His most two vocal conservative foes, Allen West and Don Huffines, poll much lower — with West at 12% and Don Huffines at 9%. Another nine percent of GOP primary voters are still undecided.

In a hypothetical race between Abbott and O’Rourke come November, the Republican incumbent leads 52% to 45%.

By gender, the majority of male voters polled say they plan to vote for Abbott over O’Rourke. Amongst female voters, the two candidates are tied. The Democrat enjoys more popularity with younger voters, leading among 18 to 29-year-old voters 51% to 44%. Abbott leads the polls in all other age demographics.

A majority of Texans don’t think President Joe Biden is doing a good job, with 53% disapproving and 39% approving — numbers Abbott’s campaign has tried to take advantage of, with television ads and rhetoric directing at tying his Democratic challenger to the commander-in-chief.

More: https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/news/texas-politics/texas-poll-low-biden-approval-rate-impacting-governors-race/

@Elderberry

How the HELL is Allen West at the bottom of THAT pile?

WTF is wrong with Texas voters? Have THAT many Californians moved to Texas already?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 01:26:12 pm »
@Elderberry

WTF is wrong with Texas voters? Have THAT many Californians moved to Texas already?

I like Col. West, but don't take kindly to carpetbaggers.  At least in my case.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 01:27:10 pm »
May's AG runoff between Jebbie's son George P. Bush and Paxton is going to be a highly watched race and a strong barometer of the level of Trump's influence here in Texas at the mid-terms.

@catfish1957

Texas should be nuked if they vote another Bush into office. There is just no excuse for doing something like that.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 01:31:54 pm »
@catfish1957

Texas should be nuked if they vote another Bush into office. There is just no excuse for doing something like that.

I'd give Bush a 5-10% chance of winning, and maybe a little higher  if the left wing smear machine and their MSM lackeys have any success.

In his campaign ads, Paxton claims (boasts) that he is the most conservative state AG in the entire country.  Not that that is going put a target on your back. But.......

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 01:41:11 pm »
@Elderberry

@sneakypete

If you like him that much invite him to your state. I'll even pitch in bus fare.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 02:26:31 pm »
@sneakypete

If you like him that much invite him to your state. I'll even pitch in bus fare.

@Elderberry

What are your prime issues with him?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 02:56:25 pm »
@Elderberry

What are your prime issues with him?

@sneakypete

I was soured on him after I read information on him like this:

Lawsuit: NCPA claims mismanagement during CEO Allen West's tenure led to bankruptcy

https://setexasrecord.com/stories/542613222-lawsuit-ncpa-claims-mismanagement-during-ceo-allen-west-s-tenure-led-to-bankruptcy

A prominent and outspoken candidate campaigning to become the next chairman of the Texas Republican Party is being sued by a think tank for negligence and financial mismanagement that allegedly caused the organization to spiral into bankruptcy.

Allen West, a former U.S. representative, has amassed a significant war chest from prominent donors in his bid to oust incumbent state GOP chair James Dickey.

At the same time, West is being sued by Dallas-based National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA), which claims that his brief tenure as CEO was marked by bad decisions and mismanagement that alienated donors and financially crippled the organization.

Under West's leadership, the NCPA hired a chief financial officer who was already on probation for embezzlement and who then dismantled the organization's fiscal controls.

The CFO (who is now in prison) embezzled more than $600,000 from the NCPA.

The lawsuit asserts that West and other board members misspent more than $1 million in restricted grant money on operations – including salaries, expenses and bonuses – and hid that information from the rest of the board and donors.

The NCPA was a once-thriving think tank credited with developing some of the Republican Party's most cherished public policy ideas, including Health Savings Accounts and Roth IRAs.

At the start of West's tenure as CEO in 2015, the NCPA had annual revenue of $5.3 million, $737,000 in savings and an endowment of approximately $6 million, according to a ProPublica analysis of IRS records.

By the time the NCPA closed in 2017, there was no money in the bank, no endowment and more than $1 million in debt.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2022, 03:15:46 pm »
@sneakypete

I was soured on him after I read information on him like this:

West was among a revolving door of inexperienced and poorly vetted executives hired by the NCPA board in the three years leading up to the bankruptcy, according to the lawsuit.

@Elderberry

In other words,it wasn't all the fault of West.

It may have already been a lost cause by the time he was hired,for all we know.

Or at least from all *I* know from reading that news report.

Would it have killed them to have posted a timeline on how things went from the time West took over and who things were going BEFORE he took over?

After all,there are some sinking ships that just can't be saved.

Granted,you would THINK someone as experienced with politics as he is would have read a few financial reports as well as reports on hirings and firings before agreeing to take the helm.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 03:16:59 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 07:11:23 pm »
I'd give Bush a 5-10% chance of winning, and maybe a little higher  if the left wing smear machine and their MSM lackeys have any success.

In his campaign ads, Paxton claims (boasts) that he is the most conservative state AG in the entire country.  Not that that is going put a target on your back. But.......
The problem with Paxton is that he's been indicted.  He's not the most beloved person in the state.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 07:55:37 pm »
Those indictments are six years old now.