Author Topic: Jan. 6 committee says Trump violated multiple laws in effort to overturn election  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Jan. 6 committee says Trump violated multiple laws in effort to overturn election

The select panel suggested that its evidence supported findings that the former president himself violated multiple laws by attempting to prevent Congress from certifying his defeat.

By Kyle Cheney and Nicholas Wu

03/02/2022 08:58 PM EST

Updated: 03/02/2022 09:25 PM EST

The Jan. 6 select committee says its evidence has shown that then-President Donald Trump and his campaign tried to illegally obstruct Congress’ counting of electoral votes and “engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States.”

In a major release of its findings, filed in federal court late Wednesday, the committee suggested that its evidence supported findings that Trump himself violated multiple laws by attempting to prevent Congress from certifying his defeat.

“The Select Committee also has a good-faith basis for concluding that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States,” the committee wrote in a filing submitted in U.S. District Court in the Central District of California.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/02/jan6-trump-obstruction-justice-00013440
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump overturned the election?

Why didn't anybody tell ME about this?

Hell,why didn't the guys with butterfly nets come by and capture me and put me in a rubber room?

I would have sworn we had a senile fool who is a professional criminal in the White House.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The fallacious premise here is that Trump was overturning the election, when in fact, that is what the Democrats did with fraudulent vote counts.

But then, would the Democrats ever accuse anyone else of that which they, themselves, are doing?

It's their stock gambit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jan. 6 panel argues Trump was involved in ‘criminal conspiracy’ to overturn election
NBC, Mar 2, 2022

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol argued in a new court filing that former President Donald Trump and members of his campaign were part of a conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election results.

“The Select Committee ... has a good-faith basis for concluding that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States,” the panel wrote in a legal brief filed Wednesday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/jan-6-panel-argues-trump-was-involved-criminal-conspiracy-overturn-ele-rcna18465