Author Topic: ‘A Dire Warning About The Consequences Of Inaction’: Climate Change Worse Than Expected, UN Report F  (Read 733 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feb 28, 2022,07:09am EST|3,431 views
‘A Dire Warning About The Consequences Of Inaction’: Climate Change Worse Than Expected, UN Report Finds
Robert Hart
Forbes Staff
Business

Topline

Human-driven climate change is already causing widespread devastation and the world has a “brief and rapidly closing window to secure a liveable future,” according to the latest assessment of climate science by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) published Monday, that builds on the group’s landmark report conclusively linking human activity and climate change.

Key Facts

The report found that the world is likely to reach 1.5C of warming within the next 20 years, even in the best-case scenario of deep emissions cuts and the effects will be more severe than previous estimates.

At current levels, climate change caused by human action has already led to widespread, dangerous and possibly irreversible damage including water shortages, extreme heat, melting ice caps and glaciers, wildfires and flooding, the IPCC panel warned.

Some 3.3 billion people—around half the global population—live in areas classed as “highly vulnerable” to climate change, the group said, and millions already face food and water shortages due to climate change.

The changing climate is already driving mass die-offs in species of corals and trees, the group warned, and up to 14% of land species will likely face a high risk of extinction by 1.5C warming.

While human society can adapt to climate change, current efforts are fragmented and uneven, especially among the world’s poorest and the authors said “ambitious, accelerated action” is needed to mitigate loss of life and environment.

Though most resources are devoted towards adaptation, the authors caution it can only “mitigate within limits,” urging concerted action alongside rapid and deep cuts to greenhouse gas emissions.

more
https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2022/02/28/a-dire-warning-about-the-consequences-of-inaction-climate-change-worse-than-expected-un-report-finds/?sh=3abe683a4db5&utm_source=ForbesMainTwitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflowForbesMainTwitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So much of that has been debunked it isn't funny.

Handle it snowflakes, you can't stop the climate from doing what it will without creating some catastrophic mess.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is about as real as those 2 am Biden votes that suddenly appeared on election night.

Reams of data and scientific studies have made nearly all those claims a complete fiction.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The report found that the world is likely to reach 1.5C of warming within the next 20 years, even in the best-case scenario of deep emissions cuts and the effects will be more severe than previous estimates.

Wait, What? I thought we were all going to be dead way before that anyway! Man I really hate people that can't stick to a deadline, I think I might start to worry if just once these buffoons ever got one single thing right.

I think I'll file this under

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright