Author Topic: DeSantis Readies For The National Stage  (Read 328 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis Readies For The National Stage
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:57:37 pm »
DeSantis Readies For The National Stage

"You've got to giddy-up and get ready to tussle," the Florida governor told an audience of Hillsdale supporters last Wednesday.

By Carmel Richardson
February 28, 2022

One day before Ron DeSantis took the stage at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), he spoke to what may be the most intimate crowd he’ll address for a while—a room of just under 1,000 Hillsdale College supporters and staff.

It was a sunny and hot February evening in Florida and America’s favorite governor was at the top of his game. Speaking at one of Hillsdale’s two annual National Leadership Seminars, this one hosted at the Naples Grande, on “Threats to American Liberty,” the Jacksonville native returned often to two major ones: elite institutions and woke ideology.

The unspoken questions in the room were palpable: What about 2024, and what about Trump? The Yale graduate and Harvard Law alumnus flashed his answers to both.

Talking fast and hardly looking at his notes (guests I spoke with afterward said his speed made him sound intelligent), DeSantis spent his hour in front of a friendly audience drawing distinctions—between conservatism and libertarianism, between himself and the broader GOP, and, most carefully, between himself and former president Donald Trump. Using phrases like “military industrial complex” and his now-favorite “biomedical security state,” and shifting the conversation from keywords like “freedom” and “liberty” to courage, justice, and the positive project of government, DeSantis seemed to be using the talk not just to float his presidential prospects, but also to demonstrate his alignment with major goalposts of the new right.

“Freedom is not enough of a condition to secure a just society,” DeSantis said. “It’s essential, but you need more.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/desantis-readies-for-the-national-stage/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: DeSantis Readies For The National Stage
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 01:06:31 am »
Mr. DeSantis may be offered a place "on the national stage" in 2024 -- as Mr. Trump's running mate...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:42:31 am »
Mr. DeSantis may be offered a place "on the national stage" in 2024 -- as Mr. Trump's running mate...

We need DeSantis to stay in FL.  IMHO We need as many strong conservative governors in place as possible; standing up for the rights of the people and the Constitution. There are still far too many RINO's in DC that need to lose their seats (like McConnell) that will make it difficult for Trump when he's re-elected; having conservative governors in place will help offset them.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 04:04:19 am »

Oh hell no.  DeSantis is not a stooge for trump. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 05:00:21 am »
   It's up to Trump at this point. 

DeSantis seems SOLID!

My thinking is divided as to whether Trump will burn it all down to satisfy his ego (leaning probably). 

Yet, it's still a win/win, the GOP has been $hit for years.

*My apologizes to those that work for this Party
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 05:22:47 am »
It will likely be the end of DeSantis' career if he signs up with Trump. Nearly everyone who teamed up with him has been destroyed.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 05:54:37 am »
   Great Conservatives @DB most of them Destroyed now, hitching to that Train.

Hell, I can remember when I liked Sessions, before his Civil Asset Forfeiture cluster f*k (not his reclusion of the Russian $hit) and Pence when he was a deficit hawk in Congress before he bowed to Trump as Governor of Indiana, concerned Trump might lose the queer vote Ivana promised.

Guy that disappointed me the most in that period was not Rush, it was Levin.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.