Author Topic: DeSantis speaks on Russian invasion of Ukraine  (Read 179 times)

Online libertybele

DeSantis speaks on Russian invasion of Ukraine
« on: March 01, 2022, 01:29:59 am »
DeSantis speaks on Russian invasion of Ukraine

FELLSMERE, Fla. (WEAR) -- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis spoke about the Russian invasion of Ukraine on Monday and how he believes domestic energy production in the United States will hit Putin where it hurts.

DeSantis blames the Biden Administration for "stepping on the neck of our domestic energy here in the United States."

The governor then criticizes the importation of oil from Russia. He says that the lack of energy independence in the United States is causing more problems in the country as the Russian invasion of Ukraine takes place.

"So we want lower prices of course, but we also want to have secure energy supply and not rely on rogue parts of the world. So, my feeling is that they haven't done enough -- Europe or Biden's Administration -- to really hit Putin where it counts and that's because they have been so weak on domestic energy," DeSantis said. "So let's get back to where we need to get back to."

DeSantis then looks at the past, comparing the handling of Ukraine when the United States was under Obama and when the country was under Trump.

"When Obama was President, Obama refused to send weapons to Ukraine," DeSantis said. "When Trump was President, we sent weapons to Ukraine. Putin didn't like that very much. When Obama was President, Putin took Crimea. When Trump was President, they didn't take anything. And now Biden is President and they're rolling into Ukraine."

DeSantis then criticizes the Biden Administration's handling of Afghanistan.

"And so, I think if you look at what happened in Afghanistan -- you lose 13 service members, you have all this equipment left behind, you leave other Americans behind -- it was a total catastrophe," DeSantis said. "But it displayed the lack of leadership that Joe Biden is bringing to the table. And so as important as it was with what was happening with the Taliban there, what I told people at the time is the most significant consequence of Biden's failure in Afghanistan is not even likely gonna be in Afghanistan. There'll be some bad things for sure but Russia was watching that, China was watching that, Iran was watching that. That wetted the apatite of these dictators, and so you see what Putin is doing, you're gonna see China continuing to act belligerent, I think you're going to see the Iranians as well.".....................

https://weartv.com/news/local/desantis-speaks-on-russian-invasion-of-ukraine
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: DeSantis speaks on Russian invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 01:36:26 am »
That wetted the apatite of these dictators,

Not to be a grammar nazi, but "wetted the apatite" gives me visions of sprinkling water on

...whetted the appetite...might have been what they were trying for.

Voice to text, poor proofreading, homonymophobia, something needs to change or the language will be reduced to senseless babble.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 01:37:45 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:44:27 am »
Or they could be a grammar moron like me...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 08:04:21 am »
Or they could be a grammar moron like me...
Mineralogy was one of my favorite courses... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis