Author Topic: NPR: Lifting Sanctions Against Iran’s Oil Flow Could Lower Energy Prices for Americans  (Read 346 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NPR: Lifting Sanctions Against Iran’s Oil Flow Could Lower Energy Prices for Americans

Penny Starr 28 Feb 2022

The taxpayer-funded, left-wing National Public Radio (NPR) suggested that if the United States lifted sanctions on Iran’s oil operations, it could help lessen the cost of energy for U.S. consumers.

“So energy prices were already high before the Russian invasion. Have they gotten worse since?” Weekend Edition All Things Considered Host Michel Martin asked a reporter.

“Yeah,” the reporter answered. “Oil prices spiked initially. They went above $100 a barrel very quickly for the first time since 2014, then they calmed back down. They settled at about $98 on Friday. Trading paused for the weekend, and it’s just starting again in some parts of the world. And I have to say, the only word for this moment on these markets is uncertainty.”

Martin claimed the “worst fears for energy markets have not played out” because, the reporter confirmed, the U.S. has yet to halt Russia’s oil operations — including imports to the United States.

“That’s not to say that we have a dependence on Russia,” Daleep Singh, economic adviser for the White House, said at a briefing last week. “Russia depends on those revenues just as much as the world needs its energy. But we’re not going to do anything which causes an unintended disruption to the flow of energy, as the global economic recovery is still underway.”

The reporter said the Biden administration wants to solve high gas prices and other energy costs by getting OPEC+ to produce more oil, which it has refused to do.

And then, the reporter suggested that appeasing Iran could also help with energy costs.

“Last but not least, there’s the possibility of a new nuclear deal with Iran,” she said. “Iran’s a major oil producer that’s been under U.S. sanctions. If there’s a breakthrough and all that oil comes back on markets, prices could come down.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/28/npr-lifting-sanctions-against-irans-oil-flow-could-lower-energy-prices-for-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 ****slapping

Morons.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
...and increase the terror risks as a bonus for financing state sponsored terrorism.  Good "thinking" NPR.   *****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

Idiots.  Lifting restrictions on American oil producers would do exactly the same thing, but without the threats of us financing terrorism.

Online DB

So this is laying the PR groundwork for their coming "nuclear agreement" with Iran...

Offline Kamaji

So this is laying the PR groundwork for their coming "nuclear agreement" with Iran...

Could be.  Good point!

Offline Killer Clouds

Idiots! Lifting restrictions on American oil producers would do exactly the same thing, but without the threats of us financing terrorism.
:thumbsup:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Even easier, lift the federal gasoline taxes to lower gas prices.

A lot of it doesn't go to roads anyway, but the general kitty
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Poor lil dementia Joe, a master at causing nation threatening problems like forced energy dependency, then utterly clueless how to fix the problems he engineered and fought to make. Poor lil Joe, but he does know how to hunker bunker down to escape consequences like an intelligent person would , and get foreigners money for his efforts  Incredible!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Even easier, lift the federal gasoline taxes to lower gas prices.

A lot of it doesn't go to roads anyway, but the general kitty

I would prefer getting the government's jackboots off our energy producer's necks. But maybe that's just me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Idiots.  Lifting restrictions on American oil producers would do exactly the same thing, but without the threats of us financing terrorism.
pointing-up  THIS!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis