Author Topic: Russia's generals need to take the nuke keys from Putin  (Read 150 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Russia's generals need to take the nuke keys from Putin
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:58:48 pm »
February 28, 2022
By Civis Americanus

The past several days have shown Putin to be a dangerous self-serving narcissist who puts his personal glory above the well-being of his own country, and to the extent that he is willing to risk Russia's existence by brandishing nuclear weapons. Russia's generals therefore need to step in immediately and take away his nuclear keys the same way one would take car keys from a drunk driver.

This would not be the first time that a Russian has saved the world from nuclear war. During the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 a Soviet submarine, the B-59, lost contact with the USSR and its captain believed that a nuclear war might have already started. He wanted to use a nuclear torpedo, and the ship's political officer agreed. This would have been enough to use the weapon except for the fact that Vasili Aleksandrovich Arkhipov's position as second in command required his authorization as well. This may have been the inspiration for Crimson Tide starring Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington. Stanislav Yevgrafovich Petrov's decision in 1983 to not trust what computers were telling him about a purported American first strike (with only five missiles) also may well have averted an unprecedented disaster.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/02/russias_generals_need_to_take_the_nuke_keys_from_putin.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Russia's generals need to take the nuke keys from Putin
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 04:06:19 pm »
They need to do a lot more than just take the nuke keys away.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 04:36:28 pm »
They need to do a lot more than just take the nuke keys away.

Maybe a few Russian versions of Stauffenberg?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 04:39:05 pm »
Maybe a few Russian versions of Stauffenberg?

Perhaps....

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 05:39:56 pm »
February 28, 2022
By Civis Americanus

The past several days have shown Putin to be a dangerous self-serving narcissist who puts his personal glory above the well-being of his own country, and to the extent that he is willing to risk Russia's existence by brandishing nuclear weapons. Russia's generals therefore need to step in immediately and take away his nuclear keys the same way one would take car keys from a drunk driver.

—————

What is REALLY needed is a Ceausescu-like ending for Putin.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 11:45:10 pm »
"Russia's generals need to take the nuke keys from Putin"

Haha.
Who's gonna be the one to step up and suggest that to his Comrades...?