Author Topic: Putin’s nuclear threat: More guff from the thug  (Read 66 times)

Offline Kamaji

Putin’s nuclear threat: More guff from the thug
« on: February 28, 2022, 01:09:01 pm »
Putin’s nuclear threat: More guff from the thug

By NY Post Editorial Board
February 27, 2022

No one should read Vladimir Putin’s order putting his nuclear forces on high alert as meaning anything more than his guff about his invasion’s goal being to “de-Nazify” Ukraine, or his weeks of pretending that he wasn’t about to invade. It’s all just another absurd mind-game.

Putin is finding his latest target a far tougher nut than he expected. He’s surprised by the resistance from the heroic Ukrainian people, the world at large and even his own people. So he tries to change the subject:

If they won’t cower before my troops, I’ll remind them I have nukes. That will get decadent Westerners worrying about what they have to lose instead of making trouble for me.

In short, it’s a Hail-Mary move of weakness — a confession the world isn’t reacting as he’d planned. The same goes for his warnings to Sweden and Finland now that his aggression has prompted them to express interest in joining NATO: He’s hoping fear can win the day, despite Ukraine’s courage and civilized nations’ outrage.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/27/putins-nuclear-threat-more-guff-from-the-thug/