Author Topic: WaPo slammed for headline saying 'economy appeared ready to surge,' Russian invasion 'could send sho  (Read 137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 27, 2022 1:27pm EST
WaPo slammed for headline saying 'economy appeared ready to surge,' Russian invasion 'could send shockwaves'
Inflation hit a 40-year-high in early February

By Hanna Panreck | Fox News

The Washington Post was slammed for a Feb. 25 headline that said the "U.S. economy appeared ready to surge" and that the Russian invasion of Ukraine "could send shockwaves."

The WaPo piece reported that "a few weeks ago … falling gas prices, and a newly buoyant stock market set the table for what many felt could be a surging U.S. economy in 2022."

"But those rosy scenarios are suddenly in doubt, as rampant geopolitical uncertainty has helped drive up energy prices and send global markets on a roller-coaster ride," the piece continues to read.

The price of food, clothing and other goods, however, has been on the rise for several months.

In October 2021, prices rose 6.2 percent over a year, which at the time was the highest it's been since 1990. 

Inflation hit a 40-year-high in early February. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 7.5 percent in January from the same time in 2021. It was the fastest increase since February 1982, when inflation hit 7.6 percent. The CPI rose 0.6 percent between December and January.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-slammed-for-headline-saying-economy-appeared-ready-to-surge-russian-invasion-could-send-shockwaves

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Expect more of this nonsense
 Ukraine is the new COVID
They attempted to blame inflation solely on the Ukraine.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 10:18:11 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden did it, blame Bidens partner, Putin.  Yeah  like that's very convincing!
 :silly: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :laughingdog: :silly:
The idiots in the halls of power, wish we were dumb enough to bellieve the crap they shovel at us.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions