Author Topic: Mitt Romney Is Entitled to His ‘I Told You So’  (Read 952 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Mitt Romney Is Entitled to His ‘I Told You So’
« on: February 26, 2022, 03:04:33 am »
Mitt Romney Is Entitled to His ‘I Told You So’

There are two related arguments right now that everybody needs to shut up and get behind Joe Biden. One is that a national crisis is no time for partisan politics. See, for example, Democratic senator Brian Schatz:

It is more essential than ever that we rally around our President as he leads the free world in response. If your instinct is to try to turn this into a partisan political advantage or a viral tweet, step off the stage.

— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) February 24, 2022

Forgive me if I don’t put much stock in this sort of rhetoric, as the people pushing it not only never seemed to apply the same standard when a Republican was in power during a foreign crisis, but also are not much interested in refraining right now from criticizing Republicans. They just want their side exempted..................

................In that vein, consider Mitt Romney’s statement on the invasion, which includes the line, “Putin’s impunity predictably follows our tepid response to his previous horrors in Georgia and Crimea, our naive efforts at a one-sided ‘reset,’ and the shortsightedness of ‘America First.’ The ‘80s called’ and we didn’t answer.” The “80s called” line is a wholly deserved callout of Barack Obama’s 2012 mockery of Romney for calling Russia our chief geopolitical foe. That mockery was amplified at the time by Joe Biden, in terms that are cringeworthy to read this week. Romney’s statement as a whole reflects the gravity of the moment, but he is very much entitled to his I-told-you-so about the Russian threat, and he should take it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/mitt-romney-is-entitled-to-his-i-told-you-so/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mitt Romney Is Entitled to His ‘I Told You So’
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 03:18:35 am »
Romney is incapable of criticizing any Democrat without making a cheap shot on the hated Trump in the same sentence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 03:26:51 am »
How is Russia actually threatening the USA verses what China is doing?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 03:33:02 am »
Romney is incapable of criticizing any Democrat without making a cheap shot on the hated Trump in the same sentence.

"Rally around our president"??? Seriously?  The guy is asleep at the wheel for crying out loud! 

Romney isn't entitled to squat!  His liberalism keeps shining through.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 03:34:08 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 03:35:05 am »
How is Russia actually threatening the USA verses what China is doing?

Both see the U.S. as very weak thanks to Brandon.

FJB!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 03:55:56 am »
It is more essential than ever that we rally around our President

Says a man who twice voted to remove a President from office over proven lies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 04:01:52 am »
As time goes on, Romney becomes more liberal.  I would love to see him lose his seat.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 04:06:15 am »

It's not blankets that are killing Russian tanks. It's not blankets that are shooting down planes and helicopters.

Lets not forget it was Trump who sent meaningful military equipment to Ukraine. None of this would have happened if the election wasn't stolen in 2020.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2022, 04:09:30 am »
It's not blankets that are killing Russian tanks. It's not blankets that are shooting down planes and helicopters.

Lets not forget it was Trump who sent meaningful military equipment to Ukraine. None of this would have happened if the election wasn't stolen in 2020.

888high58888

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2022, 04:57:21 am »
bilo:

christian:
Yeah but Biden and democrats sent the Ukraine empty promises and false rhetoric and a day late and a dollar short assistance.  That's probably better than abandoning our allies, soldiers and civilians in Afghanistan!
Of course anything Biden does has to be better that what Trump did.  A NeverTrumper told me so!  (As did fools that listened to them.)
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline dancer

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 12:42:54 pm »
Why are the sons of Romney, Kerry, Pelosi and Biden all on Ukraine energy boards???  888mouth

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2022, 04:21:55 pm »
Democrats have been consistently wrong on both Russia and China
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 05:04:14 pm »
Democrats have been consistently wrong on both Russia and China

Democrats have been consistently wrong period.  Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now, and sure as heck won't work in the future!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2022, 05:11:38 pm »
Rally around the guy who is in part responsible for this mess?  Thanks, but no thanks.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 05:29:21 pm »
I think now Mitt will run in 2024. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2022, 05:39:38 pm »
Romney: ‘Disgusting’ Pro-Putin Republicans ‘Almost Treasonous’

Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” said Republicans who have spoken positively about Vladimir Putin are “disgusting” and “almost treasonous.”

Pam Key27 Feb 2022, 9:29 AM PST

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/27/romney-disgusting-pro-putin-republicans-almost-treasonous/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 06:54:51 pm »
Rally around the guy who is in part responsible for this mess?  Thanks, but no thanks.

888high58888

I want to see us rally around the guy who said, "I need ammunition, not a ride."

Brandon can go walk his dog in Delaware for all I care.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 08:36:13 pm »
Romney: ‘Disgusting’ Pro-Putin Republicans ‘Almost Treasonous’

Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” said Republicans who have spoken positively about Vladimir Putin are “disgusting” and “almost treasonous.”

Pam Key27 Feb 2022, 9:29 AM PST

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/27/romney-disgusting-pro-putin-republicans-almost-treasonous/

Who are those Republicans Mitt? Name names or shut the F'up.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 09:00:53 pm »
One can always count on Romney the Rat to bark his nonsense.  And yes, I would count on him running in 2024.  His ego is just that large.  The man did not learn his lesson with his big mouth when he barked about the 47%.

Utah would do America a huge favor to remove this moron from office.

And get behind Wrecking Ball Joe?  The man that turns everything he touches to sh*t?  Yeah, right!!!

At least when Kennedy led us to the brink of nuclear war with Russia, his brain was functional.  With Biden, there is no mystery that his mind is kaput.  Hell, he spends half his time talking about corn pop. Uggh.   We are deep in the sh*t, and people on both sides of the pond best wake up to the fact we have two leaders that are NOT stable.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 09:49:56 pm »
"Rally around our president"??? Seriously?  The guy is asleep at the wheel for crying out loud! 

Romney isn't entitled to squat!  His liberalism keeps shining through.
Let me just borrow on of the democrats favorite responses, "Not my president", heck Joe isn't competent to be a restroom attendant.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »
You'll never be President, Mitt, deal with it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2022, 11:20:58 pm »
"nationalreview.com".
(cough)

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2022, 11:39:51 pm »
It's definitely China #1, Russia a distant second, unless Putin really has lost his marbles.  Romney still needs to retire ... none of his boys served, but he wants yours placed in middle of every inbred tribal feud.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2022, 11:41:28 pm »
I think now Mitt will run in 2024.

As an independent?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2022, 11:50:44 pm »
You'll never be President, Mitt, deal with it.

Not necessarily impossible, unlikely, but not impossible IMO. There's always the possibility that Trump for whatever reason decides not to run.  RINO's will have a field day and I think Mittens is their man. I won't vote for him, I'll abstain from voting, but I think that there are those that will vote for him given the choice between him or a DEM.